IFSA/Alliance: Intensive Chinese Language

Shanghai: Intensive Chinese Language

In the last century Shanghai has experienced exponential growth from its origins as a colonial trading port to a bustling international metropolis and global financial hub. With a rapidly growing population, rising lifestyle expectations, and continuing industrial production, Shanghai serves as an ideal location for students wishing to immerse themselves in Chinese language and society.

The program center is located on the campus of Shanghai University of Finance and Economics (SUFE). The Intensive Chinese Language program requires 20 hours of full-immersion language instruction per week, a homestay, and a language pledge, so you make rapid gains in your language skills. A week-long field study trip outside of Shanghai will allow you to explore China’s social, economic, and geographic diversity.

IFSA Scholarships
IFSA Scholarships and Financial Aid

We believe that study abroad should be within reach of every student, so we offer a wide range of scholarships and funding opportunities for all our participants.

$500 - $2,500

Kelsey

Intensive Chinese Language Program

When I first arrived, I was nervous to be in a new area with new people so far away from home. It was easy to get involved and explore because all of the students also wanted to explore. Classes were difficult at first but after a few weeks, I developed a routine. I loved my time in Shanghai and want to go back!

I believe that the introduction to the program could be improved. I feel as though it could involve more aspects about the area where you are living.