View Other Details
Items Included in the Program Price
- Minds Abroad staff to accompany the group at all times
- Transportation to sites listed in the program
- Entrance tickets to all sites listed in the program
- All breakfasts, lunches during the days of the program, welcome and farewell dinner
- A cell phone, SIM card, and a small initial credit for in-country calling
- Detailed in-country orientation within the first few days of arrival
- 24/7 staff support throughout the program
Our program fee DOES NOT include visa fees, airfare (international and domestic), travel insurance and other things which were not mentioned will be your own extra expenses.
This program aims to give students an authentic insight into modern day China by living in Beijing where they will explore many sites of historic and cultural interest. In Beijing, students will undertake morning Chinese classes and afternoon volunteer service learning activities. In the evening, they will undertake cultural activities like Tai Chi and visit local sites of historic and cultural significance. Additionally, students will hike up the legendary Great Wall, wander through the Forbidden City, China's former imperial palace, and explore Tiananmen Square, the world's fourth largest square, the Summer Palace, a conglomeration of beautiful lakes, palaces and gardens, and 798, a modern art district that seems to be more at home in Soho than in the ancient capital of China. In the middle of their program, students will visit Inner Mongolia and experience its old world charm through exploration of its ancient temples and colorful Mongolian culture.