COVID-19 and our societies’ reactions lay bare longstanding inequities and marginalization we must address. That's why IPSL's borders are staying OPEN! Until travel is permissible again (and it will be), IPSL Global Institute at NUNM is offering this program online. Once travel is permissible again, students may immediately shift to onsite study and service abroad.
Students will receive the same support and thought-provoking orientation and courses whether online or in person. The Community Organizing and Social Activism courses will be taught by in-country professors as are all the other elective courses. And check out this BONUS: during your online portion you can mix and match your electives taking courses of interest from multiple IPSL sites abroad!
- Guided City Tours of both Medellín & Cartagena to give students the 'Lay of the Land' and some Cultural-Historical Insight into their home base.
- Experience Two amazing cities in One IPSL Program! Students will live in both "The City of Eternal Spring" (Medellín) AND the sunny, historic, colonial city on the edge of the Caribbean (Cartagena)!
- Homestays in both Medellín & Cartagena enrich the student experience by giving them the opportunity to gain life-long friends, gain higher language proficiency and experience the culture from "the inside"!
- Volunteer Service that addresses REAL human needs! Support human rights defenders & social leaders. Examine existing public policies, laws relating to human rights. Work with organizations that address Animal Welfare; Education; Displaced Persons; etc.
- IPSL, the founder of Service-Learning, is a global education institute within the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM.edu). They invest over 83% of their revenues directly back into the communities where they serve.