View Other Details
The fees, for this customizable program, can cover tuition, lodging, international airfare, airport transfers, orientations, excursions, service-learning placement and oversight and emergency medical/evacuation insurance. Work with IPSL's program director to create a program that suits your budget.
Passport; in-country visa; vaccine fees (if required); international airfare; books; personal spending money; some meals; local personal transportation; local cell phone; and independent travel
Study and/or volunteer in Chinchiná and include Medellin and Cartagena for short excursions.
This program combines a Spanish Language & Culture course, the IPSL COSA in Colombia - Community Organizing, Social Activism and Service-Learning, a Service Learning Reflections and Practicum course as well as elective courses centered on Race and Racism, Development in Post-Conflict Societies, Afro-Caribbean Studies and more.
Along with these exciting and relevant courses, that give a true picture of Colombia, there are substantial opportunities for volunteer service. Service-Learning placements are organized at various NGOs, schools and clinics focusing on displaced persons, the peace process in post-conflict areas, animal welfare, home building and education to name a few.
- Experience Chinchiná in the heart of the coffee growing region of Colombia
- Include excursions to Medellín and Cartagena
- Learn and serve in the beautiful and bio-diverse coffee growing region of Chinchiná
- Volunteer Service that addresses REAL human needs! Support human rights defenders & social leaders. Examine existing public policies, laws relating to human rights. Work with organizations that address Animal Welfare; Education; Displaced Persons; etc.
- IPSL, the founder of Service-Learning, is a global education institute within the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM.edu). They invest over 83% of their revenues directly back into the communities where they serve.