This program is being offered on line as well as in country.
This program combines a Spanish Language & Culture course, the IPSL COSA in Colombia - Community Organizing, Social Activism and Service-Learning, a Service Learning Reflections and Practicum course as well as elective courses centered on Race and Racism, Development in Post-Conflict Societies, Afro-Caribbean Studies and more. Along with these exciting and relevant courses, that give a true picture of Colombia, there are substantial opportunities for volunteer service. Service-Learning placements are organized at various NGOs, schools and clinics focusing on displaced persons, the peace process in post-conflict areas, animal welfare, home building and education to name a few.
- Guided City Tours of both Medellín & Cartagena to give students the 'Lay of the Land' and some Cultural-Historical Insight into their home base.
- Experience Two amazing cities in One IPSL Program! Students will live in both "The City of Eternal Spring" (Medellín) AND the sunny, historic, colonial city on the edge of the Caribbean (Cartagena)!
- Homestays in both Medellín & Cartagena enrich the student experience by giving them the opportunity to gain life-long friends, gain higher language proficiency and experience the culture from "the inside"!
- Volunteer Service that addresses REAL human needs! Support human rights defenders & social leaders. Examine existing public policies, laws relating to human rights. Work with organizations that address Animal Welfare; Education; Displaced Persons; etc.
- IPSL, the founder of Service-Learning, is a global education institute within the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM.edu). They invest over 83% of their revenues directly back into the communities where they serve.