Class Afloat - West Island College International

Founded in 1984, Class Afloat - West Island College International is one of the world’s most incredible experiential education opportunities. This Canadian school offers rigorous and internationally acclaimed academic programmes for Grade 11, 12, University and GAP year students, while sailing aboard a majestic tall ship and exploring over 20 ports of call worldwide. Unique port programmes are filled with local cultural experiences, visits to important historic sites, voluntary service projects and outdoor activities such as hiking, snorkelling and surfing. Students stand watch, hoist sails, learn navigation skills and ship maintenance as crew members on a majestic tall ship. Attaining high standards in academic excellence, community service, leadership, and personal development, more than 1500 Class Afloat students from around the world have had the experience of a lifetime, developing as individuals, excelling as citizens, forging lifelong friendships, and exploring the world.

Amelia

Great Time

The best experience I've had to date I still look back on it incredibly fondly nearly 10 years after the fact. Challenge, excitement, community. I made life long friendships and had experiences that profoundly shaped who I am today. I would recommend it to anyone.

Chris

Just do it

Class Afloat is without a doubt the most transformative experiential based education program I know of. You cannot get this type of learning in a traditional school or classroom. My advice is to find a way to make this opportunity available to your son or daughter. You won't regret it and it will change them profoundly.

Mary

Best Decision I Ever Made for My Son

My son Josh is an artist, curious about everything and everyone. Class Afloat opened up the world to him. He learned to love the earth and people everywhere. The world was his classroom for that year—the education invaluable.

He faced his own mortality and the loss of a dear friend on his journey on the Concordia. The opportunities and challenges have defined him.

I would take that journey.

About Class Afloat - West Island College International

Founded in 1984, Class Afloat - West Island College International is one of the world’s leading experiential education opportunities. This Canadian school offers rigorous and internationally acclaimed academic programmes for Grade 11, 12, University...