CET Colombia

In this program, you’ll study race and identity through the Afro-Colombian lens. The program’s curriculum, developed in consultation with Howard University, allows you to examine representations of race and ethnicity in Colombia, improve your Spanish, and live with Colombian roommates. You’ll use the Cali's rich backdrop of diversity as your springboard from which to examine the sociopolitical, economic, artistic, and historical representations of race in all of Afro-Colombia.

• Traveling Seminar to Palenque and Cartagena to examine core concepts from different locales
  • English-taught core courses
  • No language prerequisite
  • Live with local Colombian roommates
  • Pre-semester Intensive Spanish classes to help you adjust and kickoff your language learning

Sydney

CET

CET Colombia is definitely a semester that I will NEVER forget and that has changed me for the better. I learned so much about my host country, the world, and even myself while on this program. I was challenged in new ways which was tough at times but it was 100% worth it and made my program so much more worthwhile. All of my professors were clearly educated in their fields and did a phenomenal job teaching the coursework. It was also super cool to be able to see what I was learning in the classroom about Colombian and Afro Colombian culture in real life when I would go out on program excursions or personal trips. 10/10 recommend!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I could change anything about my program it would be how often I went out and explored by myself! I feel like I could've had so many more memories and adventures if I had ventured out more and made more Colombian friends on my own outside of the program and just explored the city more on my own.