Seamester: Caribbean to Tahiti Voyage via The Galapagos - 90 Days

Sunset underway
Bora Bora from above
Argo Underway
Crossing the Equator

Sail to Bonaire and wake to flocks of Venezuelan flamingos flying through a misty sunrise. Anchor behind tiny uninhabited islands covered with coconut trees that support the Kuna Indians of the San Blas. Toss the dock lines up to the lock workers of the Panama Canal, cross the lake and prepare to enter the Pacific Ocean. Watch the latitude hesitate on zero as we cross the equator. See blue-footed booby birds hitching a ride on deck back to the Galapagos Archipelago.

Linger no more as every day of the next 20 will be spent at sea until we make landfall in the Polynesian Islands of the Marquesas, the place where Paul Gauguin found his inspiration and love. You too will love arriving in Tahiti in the Society Islands, but, after all, that's just a place to secure the schooner. You will have secured a lifetime memories along the way.

• Learn to Scuba Dive In The Worlds Most Exotic Locations
  • Learn To Sail
  • Earn 12 College Credits
  • Visit Up To Eight Different Countries

Seamester Scholarships
Seamester Scholarships & Financial Aid

Seamester offers a number of Financial Aid and Scholarship options available for those looking toward funding to make their experience possible.

$500 - $10,000

Sea|mester Voyages Filling Fast

With limited space aboard each vessel, each trip typically fills up within three months of the start date. Click the link below to see our updated availability on all of our 2020 voyages.

Peter

Best Study Abroad Program

I came to the program with no expectations because I didn't want to be disappointed. But soon, I realized that even if I had expectations, they would be exceeded with the awesome experiences this study abroad trip as created for me. You will be in rigorous Marine Bio and Oceanography courses; however, they are digestible for non-STEM students like me. You will learn so much about scuba diving and seamanship no matter what level you come in with. You will travel to the most remote places in the world and withness the ways of life that might be so different from yours, but yet feel the strong passion and enthusiasm the locals have for the visitors who come from far places. If you are going on a Sea|mester trip, make sure you bring a couple more long sleeves than you think you might need. Sun protection is important.

I regret not taking an Astronomy course before, because the program provides the perfect opportunity to read the sky every single night, especially the times you are on watch.
Bianca

Sea|mester has the best experience of my life so far and would give the world to go back and be able to do it again

During Sea|mester I was able to find out new passions that have, discover amazing friendships, visit places most people don't even know exist. I felt free like I never did before and I felt good. I laughed so much my jaw hurt six days out of seven of the week. Sea|Mester is challenging, and is not for everyone but if you think you are ready for it and want to do the most amazing experience of your life then go! You'll see the most incredible sunsets and moon rise, you'll see water, water, water and water again. It is almost hard to describe how much I loved what Sea|mester gave me. I would recommend to go without anyone you know. Go alone and you will find friends on the boat that will eventually become like family. Sea|mester is amazing enough not to make you feel the urge to look at your phone for even up to 20 days, trust me! ;)

London

A life changing experience

Sea-mester was the most impactful three months of my life so far. Not only was it super fun, but the amount of growth and learning is something I will have forever.
When I first boarded Argo, I had no sailing or boating experience at all. I thought this would be an issue but it wasn’t at all. They taught us everything we needed to know and were there to answer any and every question.
One of my favorite parts of being on Argo was the community you build with your crew mates. You may arrive knowing no one, but you leave with 20+ friends and family for life. You get to meet people you may never thought to talk to and learn how much everyone around the world has in common.
I can’t think of another program that offers college course, traveling, scuba certifications and sailing experience. This program allowed me to try and see new places I otherwise wouldn’t have an the opportunity too.

London

A life changing experience

Jack

If you're thinking about doing Seamester... you should do Seamester

SeaMester... where to begin?! I'd highly recommend this to anyone who has the thirst for adventure, but especially for those nautically/marine inclined individuals among us. It is a great opportunity for those who want to learn a lot about marine life, seamanship, and scuba diving, not to mention the various cultures you will visit.
There is something different about traveling to a different country by boat - a certain camaraderie you share not only with other sailors you may come across at a dock or marina, but also with the locals who share the love for the ocean that is a large part of their lives.
Definitely do this program if you want to get out of the norm and learn A LOT. You get out what you put into it, so be open to learning and experiencing new things!

Make the absolute most out of your time on SeaMester and learn as much as you can, as there will not be many more times in your life where you will be exposed to so much interesting information in one place, and with staff who have an endless wealth of knowledge.
Alex

Seamester Trip on Argo

I had an incredible time on this trip I'm not sure where to start. I chose this program because I actually wanted to sail and not be a tourist motoring around in the Caribbean or Pacific. I was taught how to sail relatively quickly and was able to partake in a lot of the boat handling activities. Being on watch during the night in the middle of the Pacific delivered the best stars I will ever see, there is nowhere with less light pollution than the middle of the ocean. The dives were amazing, I got my padi certifications and saw all the sharks and mantas you could ever wish for. I loved eating different food in every new place we went to and getting to hike and explore each new place, it was wonderful. In the end, the staff made the trip, I learned so much from them and had a blast working with all these knowledgable people that were not just teachers, but friends and work partners. I wish I could do it all again it was one of the best adventures of my life so far.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
Probably breadfruit. There were some odd seafood options we tried but breadfruit surprised me the most we ate a good amount of it and the texture and taste was so unique it astonished me.
Audrey

Behold the power of Argo

There really is no word that describes how amazing Seamester is. Take every positive word you can think of and multiply them by infinity. That's how good it was. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything! I highly recommend doing one of the trips. Great staff, great schooner and a great place to be able to call home.
You will go many places, see many incredible things that are breath taking. You will feel like a conquerer. You will feel like a sailor. And if you play your cards right, you will feel like a crew.

MTE class should be divided into small groups because it makes it easier to follow. There should also be a tour of the boat for what is what at the beginning: for example where the toping lift is, what a washboard is and so on...
Anna

Best trip Ever!

This trip was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Having the opportunity to visit so many different places in three months is unbelievable. The program and the staff truly care about making sure you have the best time possible. It is more than leaning just sailing and scuba, it teaches you who you are and how to be a better and more responsible person. I immediately ended up changing my major to Marine Science so I could pursue a career on and around the ocean after the trip. The other students and staff are some people that I will keep in my life forever.

About Seamester

Seamester offers unique educational voyages where students spend their time sailing between countries and continents. For more than 40 years, we have consistently delivered outstanding educational experiences for students. We design our programs to...