View Other Details
This intensive two-week summer course explores the city of Medellin and the way that it has transformed in recent years. Taught by the prestigious Architecture School (accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects – RIBA) at Pontificia Universidad Bolivariana (UPB), the course provides students with a unique and interactive chance to learn about Medellin.
Students will witness city’s evolution first-hand, visiting prominent cultural, governmental and educational organizations and infrastructure projects in Colombia, and joining lectures on campus at UPB. These tours will highlight some of the city’s ‘social urbanism’ projects and include tours of the metro-cable system, the Museum of Memory, the Botanic Gardens, and the Secretary of Education, among others. They will also meet community leaders.
Taught in English, the course is open to undergraduate or masters students studying Architecture, Design, Urban and Environmental Planning, Geography or related social sciences.
- A unique chance to explore the urban landscape of Colombia
- Interactive sessions with local residents and community leaders
- Practical site visits and excursions to learn about Medellin's transformation
- Social and cultural activities during evenings and weekends to learn more about Colombia and its culture
- Friendly and supportive staff with excellent local knowledge, to make sure that you get the most out of your time in Medellin