ICADS: Intensive Spanish Program in Costa Rica

Learning Spanish at ICADS isn't just about conjugating and grammar: language here is seen as a tool to connect with real Latin Americans. Students will not just learn language but will also be empowered with important contextual knowledge to better understand the culture and be able to communicate effectively with people in this region.

In addition to the intensive daily Spanish classes, students also have an afternoon activities schedule filled with opportunities to explore Costa Rica's cultural, historical, and social sides. Individual and group volunteering is available.

Warm and welcoming host families help students practice their Spanish, and students gain valuable hands-on cultural expertise through the homestay (in addition to the delicious food prepared by their host families!).

Jessica

Welcome to Costa Rica - the ICADS experience

The school is wonderfully well organised and the staff's helpfulness and warmth knows no limits. The host family I lived with became my own family by letting me join in on their daily lives, but gave me all freedom and independence as well. During the morning we had Spanish classes in pairs, where I learned a lot. In the afternoon we had excursions, watched movies or took dance classes. The afternoon activities were fun, but I missed the developmental/historical/political education component a bit here. But then there was the library and the staff's commitment to providing you with whatever you needed, so I could adjust the programme a bit to my own needs.
When the programme ended I stayed in Costa Rica a bit longer and went to visit the school several times. It provided the warmest welcome and base to my CR stay you can imagine!

I would want to have some more afternoon activities focussed on developmental issues, which the school is well equipped for.

About ICADS

Offering a variety of study abroad programs in Costa Rica and Nicaragua, ranging from semester-long, month-long, and summer programs, ICADS has over 30 years of experience providing quality, hands-on immersion programs to connect students with...