View Other Details
- Tuition, 3 or 6 credits: For graduate students, tuition is based on the International Affairs per-credit cost. For undergraduate students, there is a $5,130 flat fee for 6 credits. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about specific program costs.
- Tuition, noncredit: There is a $5,130 flat fee for those who wish to participate in the IFP without earning academic credits.
Additional Variable Costs
- Airfare to and from the IFP location
- Local travel and transportation
- Living and personal expenses beyond housing
- Vaccinations and other medical expenses
Since its inception in 2002, hundreds of students have participated in our signature International Field Program (IFP) in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. The IFP is a platform for emerging practitioners and researchers to gain experience in the field within an academic environment. The IFP's extended field stays are unique among international affairs programs in the United States. In the course of nine weeks, students work and conduct research with community-based organizations, NGOs, international organizations, and governmental agencies. The topics range from community development, policy advocacy, citizen journalism, and post-conflict state-building to urban planning and long-term monitoring and evaluation.
For more information & to apply, visit newschool.edu/ifp.