Study abroad in Prague next summer with ESAC

Study abroad in the Czech Republic next summer with the help of ESAC! Join other international students for a 4 week program at the University of Economics in Prague. Courses range from a business focus to more liberal arts studies - you decide! On campus housing, cultural activities, and on the ground transportation all included in this comprehensive study abroad program.
Want to get more bang for your buck? Consider participating in an internship while in Prague. Check out the ESAC website for more customizable program options!

john

A great experience, good value and great support

This was a very good program. It was well-organized and the staff were helpful and friendly. It was a good balance of classes and cultural events and we had enough free time to travel on our own. I would recommend this program to anyone who wants to explore the Czech Republic at a fair price (and get 8 credits). I think it was very good value for money. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive before I left but everyone there was really friendly and supportive.

Claire

Prague Summer 2017

This past summer, I had the chance of a lifetime to experience not just Prague, but also Vienna, Paris and Berlin. I have never left the country up until this trip and I would have to say I'm so glad I went with ESAC for my first time. I really enjoyed meeting other students from all over the country and I enjoyed getting to know esac staff. They truly cared about my experience and making sure everyone had the necessary tools they needed to succeed and have a fun and safe time in Europe. Some advice I would give to future students would be to prepare yourself for no AC! As I have never been to Europe I had no idea that there would be hardly any! Make sure you bring a fan or purchase one in Prague because it does a really great job of cooling down your room :) I would also recommend doing the chocolate museum tour while you're out there, it is some of the best chocolate I have ever had! When it comes to classes, I took a class with an American teacher but I also took a class taught by five different Czech professors. It was very different not culturally and academically but I feel as though it was the perfect way to immerse my self in the Czech culture. I recommend it. Prague is a beautiful city and there is so much to explore, take advantage of every moment and see what it has to offer!

Lama

ESAC Experience in Prague

I was fortunate enough to study through ESAC in Prague in the summer of 2016. I had an amazing time, with great and knowledgeable professors and a brilliant social atmosphere. Some of the pros that come along to studying with ESAC is that they are always there when you need them, and Dr. Zamastil is amazing at helping the students with academic concerns as well as housing. The professors structure their classes so that you get to interact with the city as much as possible, rather than sit in class all day. There are many field trips that are organized for the students, and we learned so much about business and entrepreneurship through the local businesses we visited. Also, everything from the food to the housing to transportation is taken care of, so I never had to stress about accommodations.

ESAC also organized many social gatherings throughout our time in Prague, so we always stayed connected to everyone in the program and also had plenty of opportunity to mingle. The Teaching Assistants (who are students from prague!) were soooo helpful in teaching us Czech, taking us out on excursions, giving us advice about the city, and just being there to hang out! Dominika, Tomas, and Jarda made our time in Prague all the more enjoyable, and I can honestly say they helped make my experience excellent.

There aren't many cons, but I will go ahead and list some things that can be improved about the program. The dorms were quite a distance away from downtown and the school, which made it a little unpleasant when you had to spend 15-30 min to get to somewhere interesting. But a plus was that we were very close to a large supermarket, which also made me happy. Another con was the breakfast that was offered in the morning. The food they served wasn't that fresh, so I opted for feeding myself in the morning. I felt that it was a waste of money that I would've rather deducted from the total program cost. The coffee was nice though, and they did have occasional fresh fruit every now and then, but then again, not worth the extra expense.

These cons aren't significant enough to give ESAC a bad rating though. I truly think they are an amazing company that always has the interests of the students at heart. I give them a 10/10.

Deduct the cost of the breakfast-- not worth it
Maybe find a dormitory that is closer to the downtown area?
Cora

My time in Prague with ESAC

My time in Prague was remarkable. I never really thought I would be one to travel, but Metro and ESAC made it all really simple. Having a place to stay - comfortable dorms - in the Summer in Prague was a huge plus. We were really close to the main part of the city - the older parts - and traveling anywhere was made really easy. The ESAC staff were friendly, helpful, and fun. Besides giving us a few awesome courses to choose from, they were present in most of our activities and gave us some good ideas for socializing and travel spots. My time in Prague was amazing. I would do it over again in a heart beat!

Adding more food variety in the dorm kitchens.
Zachary

Summer 2015 Prague

This summer I attended the ESAC program in Prague and it was amazing!! I had the best summer of my life. Th faculty and staff were really there for the students and knowledgeable on the subject that they were teaching. The lodging was amazing as well, in particular how close you were to everything. I also really enjoyed the Site Visits that they took us on including Jama's, Radio Free Europe, and the Czech Radio Station. Lastly, I would definitely recommend attending the weekend trips. I only went on the Cesky Krumlov trip, but it was definitely worth the money. Overall, this program and summer was so awesome. I learned a lot of new cultures, customs and experienced more than if I had just taken the classes in the US. I would definitely attend again if I could.

I didn't have any problems with my classes, but I heard other students mention for the Sports Management class that it would have been beneficial for them to actually visit a stadium and other venues that were more appropriate to the class.
Elizabeth

ESAC 2015

I was lucky enough to participate in ESAC's program this past summer. Seeing as I had never left the country, study abroad was scary and so exciting. The staff and the advisors made the process seamless. I felt comfortable the entire time, and I knew that my program was wholesome. Prague is a wonderful city to study in, it is young and vibrant while also so full of history.

I would suggest the ESAC program to anyone interested in study abroad.

christina

Awesome time

I loved, loved, loved this program. The staff and the program was absolutely amazing! I have never been out of the country until this study abroad, and the opportunities for you to experience as little or a lot of culture were limitless. You can spend a lot of money or you could go with a budget, either way you will have the time of your life.

Alison

Don't skip out on this one.. you'll regret it!

This was one of the best decisions I made in college. Kristine is an amazing human being - she is knowledgeable, trustworthy, friendly.. everything you can ask for in a program director. If you have never traveled abroad before - not to worry. They will make the entire process a breeze. The classes are enlightening, the internships were incredible (I did marketing/promoting at a bar... could it be more fun than that??) .. my experience was one for the books. Book your trip now, if you don't... you'll regret it!!!!

Kerynn

No regrets

I am so glad that I joined the ESAC program in Prague to fill my senior credits! By far one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Prague is an amazing city. I felt safer there than at home. While the Czech language is a difficult one to learn, getting around and communicating was generally no problem. Very easy city to navigate after a few days. Also very easy to get to other places in Europe on weekends off. Loved the professors and courses. I made many memories I'll never forget and friendships that will last a lifetime. I recommend this program to all!

I am told that housing improvements have already been made.
Michelle

Awesome!

ESAC offers so much! It is a structured program, yet still gives it's students the freedom to explore Europe. The directors are awesome and help with any little thing from needing to go to the doctors to planning a weekend trip! The professors are fun and easy-going, they want their students to do well, but still make the most out of their summer in Prague. With a beautiful city and incredible people, what more could you ask for? So thankful I stumbled upon this great program!

More eggs at breakfast! ;)
Connor

Summer Internship with Holmes Place

The month I spent in Prague during July 2014 was single-handedly the most exciting experience of my entire life! The city itself is amazing and has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, history, and nightlife, and I couldn't have asked for a better program to experience all of it with. ESAC is a very organized program with staff members who are all friendly, knowledgeable, and incredibly helpful.

I remember getting super lost the very first day I arrived in Prague when I had to take a tram from the train station to the residence hall. I had no idea where I was and couldn't find anyone to ask so I called Dr. Zamastil and she spoke to me for about 20 minutes, alongside 3 other staff members, and walked me through exactly what I needed to do to get back to where I was supposed to be. Everyone was very helpful and very understanding.

The program offered a perfect balance of coordinated events and free time to go venture out on our own. There were wine tastings, tours of the city, group dinners and awesome restaurants, and two weekends of travel, including Vienna (optional) and the secret village which are both an absolute must. There were also plenty of optional events that were coordinated among the student advisors.

I opted to work as a marketing intern (as opposed to studying) at Holmes Place Health and Fitness Center. ESAC placed me with the company and helped get everything set up with the site director. Considering I only did it for the 4 weeks of the program, I feel like I really got a lot out of it. The internship was very flexible and stress-free, but also very goal oriented which was great because I felt like I was actually contributing something to the company, not just doing grunt work.

Overall, ESAC offers an incredible experience for a great value. Students are provided with meals, housing, a full month pass for transportation, a trip to the secret village, and are always kept up to date on everything that's going on. Even after completing the program students are invited to join a Facebook group with more than 400 ESAC alumni that is regularly updated with job postings, travel information, and study abroad articles. The time I spent abroad - all of the friends I made, fun I had, and travelling I was able to do - was truly invaluable. Everyone should be able to have this experience at least once and ESAC is the perfect study abroad organization to help you do that!

Joycelyn

Excellent Experience in Prague 2014!

I had an amazing experience in Prague with ESAC. The program was very well organized and we always knew what was going to happen. The teachers were amazing and ensured that there was active learning in the classroom. The city is very young and fun, so the nightlife is not a problem. There is always something to do! There are also multiple sight-seeing places that are a must go, such as the Petrin tower!

If I had to change one thing it would be the food. We mainly ate from the cafeteria in the school. Now, don't get me wrong, the food was not horrible but if I could I would rather try other restaurants in the area at my discretion.
Matt

Internship friendly

the program was excellent, very well planned and I was a full time intern. they took such great care of me and planned out everything from day one. i learned so much, loved everyday and even got a job offer from this. they want me to stay! hahah it was amazing....go do an internship there.

get closer to the city center
Matt

You have to do this!!!

I loved everyday of this summer, this program is very exciting, helpful, great learning experience and the team is amazing. I recommend it and you will NOT be sorry!!!!! Come with the right attitude and just enjoy it

Living situation
Ashley

Amazing Trip!!

This was the best experience of my life! The staff of ESCA and the teachers are amazing to work with. Any questions or concerns are answered very timely. I learned so much from my international business class and also met some very important people through the networking that ESAC set up. The nightlife is awesome and actually pretty cheap!! I would recommend this trip to everyone!

About European Study Abroad Center

The European Study Abroad Center (ESAC) offers top-notch programs over the summertime in Prague. They are the Eastern European experts for study abroad - whether your interests lie in historical sites, business networking opportunities, or weekend...