Study abroad in Prague next summer with ESAC

Study abroad in Prague next summer with ESAC

Study abroad in the Czech Republic next summer with the help of ESAC! Join other international students for a 4 week program at the University of Economics in Prague. Courses range from a business focus to more liberal arts studies - you decide! On campus housing, cultural activities, and on the ground transportation all included in this comprehensive study abroad program.
Want to get more bang for your buck? Consider participating in an internship while in Prague. Check out the ESAC website for more customizable program options!

Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
Europe » Czech Republic

Claire

Prague Summer 2017

This past summer, I had the chance of a lifetime to experience not just Prague, but also Vienna, Paris and Berlin. I have never left the country up until this trip and I would have to say I'm so glad I went with ESAC for my first time. I really enjoyed meeting other students from all over the country and I enjoyed getting to know esac staff. They truly cared about my experience and making sure everyone had the necessary tools they needed to succeed and have a fun and safe time in Europe. Some advice I would give to future students would be to prepare yourself for no AC! As I have never been to Europe I had no idea that there would be hardly any! Make sure you bring a fan or purchase one in Prague because it does a really great job of cooling down your room :) I would also recommend doing the chocolate museum tour while you're out there, it is some of the best chocolate I have ever had! When it comes to classes, I took a class with an American teacher but I also took a class taught by five different Czech professors. It was very different not culturally and academically but I feel as though it was the perfect way to immerse my self in the Czech culture. I recommend it. Prague is a beautiful city and there is so much to explore, take advantage of every moment and see what it has to offer!

Lama
Wesley Chapel

ESAC Experience in Prague

I was fortunate enough to study through ESAC in Prague in the summer of 2016. I had an amazing time, with great and knowledgeable professors and a brilliant social atmosphere. Some of the pros that come along to studying with ESAC is that they are always there when you need them, and Dr. Zamastil is amazing at helping the students with academic concerns as well as housing. The professors structure their classes so that you get to interact with the city as much as possible, rather than sit in class all day. There are many field trips that are organized for the students, and we learned so much about business and entrepreneurship through the local businesses we visited. Also, everything from the food to the housing to transportation is taken care of, so I never had to stress about accommodations.

ESAC also organized many social gatherings throughout our time in Prague, so we always stayed connected to everyone in the program and also had plenty of opportunity to mingle. The Teaching Assistants (who are students from prague!) were soooo helpful in teaching us Czech, taking us out on excursions, giving us advice about the city, and just being there to hang out! Dominika, Tomas, and Jarda made our time in Prague all the more enjoyable, and I can honestly say they helped make my experience excellent.

There aren't many cons, but I will go ahead and list some things that can be improved about the program. The dorms were quite a distance away from downtown and the school, which made it a little unpleasant when you had to spend 15-30 min to get to somewhere interesting. But a plus was that we were very close to a large supermarket, which also made me happy. Another con was the breakfast that was offered in the morning. The food they served wasn't that fresh, so I opted for feeding myself in the morning. I felt that it was a waste of money that I would've rather deducted from the total program cost. The coffee was nice though, and they did have occasional fresh fruit every now and then, but then again, not worth the extra expense.

These cons aren't significant enough to give ESAC a bad rating though. I truly think they are an amazing company that always has the interests of the students at heart. I give them a 10/10.

Deduct the cost of the breakfast-- not worth it
Maybe find a dormitory that is closer to the downtown area?

Cora
Denver

My time in Prague with ESAC

My time in Prague was remarkable. I never really thought I would be one to travel, but Metro and ESAC made it all really simple. Having a place to stay - comfortable dorms - in the Summer in Prague was a huge plus. We were really close to the main part of the city - the older parts - and traveling anywhere was made really easy. The ESAC staff were friendly, helpful, and fun. Besides giving us a few awesome courses to choose from, they were present in most of our activities and gave us some good ideas for socializing and travel spots. My time in Prague was amazing. I would do it over again in a heart beat!

Adding more food variety in the dorm kitchens.

Zachary

Summer 2015 Prague

This summer I attended the ESAC program in Prague and it was amazing!! I had the best summer of my life. Th faculty and staff were really there for the students and knowledgeable on the subject that they were teaching. The lodging was amazing as well, in particular how close you were to everything. I also really enjoyed the Site Visits that they took us on including Jama's, Radio Free Europe, and the Czech Radio Station. Lastly, I would definitely recommend attending the weekend trips. I only went on the Cesky Krumlov trip, but it was definitely worth the money. Overall, this program and summer was so awesome. I learned a lot of new cultures, customs and experienced more than if I had just taken the classes in the US. I would definitely attend again if I could.

I didn't have any problems with my classes, but I heard other students mention for the Sports Management class that it would have been beneficial for them to actually visit a stadium and other venues that were more appropriate to the class.

Elizabeth

ESAC 2015

I was lucky enough to participate in ESAC's program this past summer. Seeing as I had never left the country, study abroad was scary and so exciting. The staff and the advisors made the process seamless. I felt comfortable the entire time, and I knew that my program was wholesome. Prague is a wonderful city to study in, it is young and vibrant while also so full of history.

I would suggest the ESAC program to anyone interested in study abroad.

christina

Awesome time

I loved, loved, loved this program. The staff and the program was absolutely amazing! I have never been out of the country until this study abroad, and the opportunities for you to experience as little or a lot of culture were limitless. You can spend a lot of money or you could go with a budget, either way you will have the time of your life.

Alison
New York, NY
Susquehanna University

Don't skip out on this one.. you'll regret it!

This was one of the best decisions I made in college. Kristine is an amazing human being - she is knowledgeable, trustworthy, friendly.. everything you can ask for in a program director. If you have never traveled abroad before - not to worry. They will make the entire process a breeze. The classes are enlightening, the internships were incredible (I did marketing/promoting at a bar... could it be more fun than that??) .. my experience was one for the books. Book your trip now, if you don't... you'll regret it!!!!

Kerynn

No regrets

I am so glad that I joined the ESAC program in Prague to fill my senior credits! By far one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Prague is an amazing city. I felt safer there than at home. While the Czech language is a difficult one to learn, getting around and communicating was generally no problem. Very easy city to navigate after a few days. Also very easy to get to other places in Europe on weekends off. Loved the professors and courses. I made many memories I'll never forget and friendships that will last a lifetime. I recommend this program to all!

I am told that housing improvements have already been made.

Michelle
Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Valley State University

Awesome!

ESAC offers so much! It is a structured program, yet still gives it's students the freedom to explore Europe. The directors are awesome and help with any little thing from needing to go to the doctors to planning a weekend trip! The professors are fun and easy-going, they want their students to do well, but still make the most out of their summer in Prague. With a beautiful city and incredible people, what more could you ask for? So thankful I stumbled upon this great program!

More eggs at breakfast! ;)

Connor
Charlotte, NC
Appalachian State University

Summer Internship with Holmes Place

The month I spent in Prague during July 2014 was single-handedly the most exciting experience of my entire life! The city itself is amazing and has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, history, and nightlife, and I couldn't have asked for a better program to experience all of it with. ESAC is a very organized program with staff members who are all friendly, knowledgeable, and incredibly helpful.

I remember getting super lost the very first day I arrived in Prague when I had to take a tram from the train station to the residence hall. I had no idea where I was and couldn't find anyone to ask so I called Dr. Zamastil and she spoke to me for about 20 minutes, alongside 3 other staff members, and walked me through exactly what I needed to do to get back to where I was supposed to be. Everyone was very helpful and very understanding.

The program offered a perfect balance of coordinated events and free time to go venture out on our own. There were wine tastings, tours of the city, group dinners and awesome restaurants, and two weekends of travel, including Vienna (optional) and the secret village which are both an absolute must. There were also plenty of optional events that were coordinated among the student advisors.

I opted to work as a marketing intern (as opposed to studying) at Holmes Place Health and Fitness Center. ESAC placed me with the company and helped get everything set up with the site director. Considering I only did it for the 4 weeks of the program, I feel like I really got a lot out of it. The internship was very flexible and stress-free, but also very goal oriented which was great because I felt like I was actually contributing something to the company, not just doing grunt work.

Overall, ESAC offers an incredible experience for a great value. Students are provided with meals, housing, a full month pass for transportation, a trip to the secret village, and are always kept up to date on everything that's going on. Even after completing the program students are invited to join a Facebook group with more than 400 ESAC alumni that is regularly updated with job postings, travel information, and study abroad articles. The time I spent abroad - all of the friends I made, fun I had, and travelling I was able to do - was truly invaluable. Everyone should be able to have this experience at least once and ESAC is the perfect study abroad organization to help you do that!

Joycelyn
Tampa, Florida.
University of South Florida

Excellent Experience in Prague 2014!

I had an amazing experience in Prague with ESAC. The program was very well organized and we always knew what was going to happen. The teachers were amazing and ensured that there was active learning in the classroom. The city is very young and fun, so the nightlife is not a problem. There is always something to do! There are also multiple sight-seeing places that are a must go, such as the Petrin tower!

If I had to change one thing it would be the food. We mainly ate from the cafeteria in the school. Now, don't get me wrong, the food was not horrible but if I could I would rather try other restaurants in the area at my discretion.

Matt
Hawaii
Brigham Young University- Hawaii

Internship friendly

the program was excellent, very well planned and I was a full time intern. they took such great care of me and planned out everything from day one. i learned so much, loved everyday and even got a job offer from this. they want me to stay! hahah it was amazing....go do an internship there.

get closer to the city center

Matt
Hawaii

You have to do this!!!

I loved everyday of this summer, this program is very exciting, helpful, great learning experience and the team is amazing. I recommend it and you will NOT be sorry!!!!! Come with the right attitude and just enjoy it

Living situation

Ashley
Fort Collins, Colorado
Colorado State University

Amazing Trip!!

This was the best experience of my life! The staff of ESCA and the teachers are amazing to work with. Any questions or concerns are answered very timely. I learned so much from my international business class and also met some very important people through the networking that ESAC set up. The nightlife is awesome and actually pretty cheap!! I would recommend this trip to everyone!

Philip
Nashville, TN
Middle Tennessee State University

Lifetimes experience

The city of Prague speaks for itself. One of the best cities on earth to explore. The housing is in a central part of Prague beside a massive park, modern art museum, nightlife, neighborhoods, transportation and all amenities needed. There are facilities to cook, wash and relax similar to a small apartment lifestyle. Consider what housing costs in Prague and its an incredible value. The program directors are genuinely helpful at every turn and go way out of their way to assist any problems that might arise. There was a lot of support and communication is still ongoing even after completing the summer.
The classes were interactive and included a lot of visits to companies and speakers. There was time to fit in a good amount of work but still time to explore Europe for the summer, so the balance between academics and culture was right on.
These college credits will always be the ones I remember most fondly and certainly where I learned the most.

Its hard to fit everything in in one month, so maybe make it longer.

Stephanie
Miami, Florida
Florida International University

Incredible Experience

The ESAC program allowed me to have the most incredible and life-changing experience. I met so many wonderful and beautiful people and would do it again in a heart beat! My eyes were opened to just how different each culture is and how they interact. We were able to travel to a different country each weekend and there was a lot of free time after classes to hang out and explore Prague!

The only downfall of the program was the housing. A few of us had an issue with the cleanliness and location of the dorms.

Jordan
Tampa, FL
University of South Florida

Great experience, great trip!

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a study abroad experience. The city of Prague is a great place to stay and ESAC put on a fantastic trip for all students. The professors are very engaging and provide real life experience; no text book needed at all. I went last summer and it was a trip I will never forget.

I would have liked a list of attractions that were must sees and recommendations, but that also made the trip exciting. Exploring and finding our own attractions made for a great adventure.

Nicholas
Sarasota, FL

Prague was amazing! Read this

The City of Prague is not only filled with hundreds of years of history, but most of it is still intact. Mainly untouched by past wars, Prague is a cultural mecca filled with cobblestone lined streets, shopping, fine dining and a night life that rivals most major European cities. You will find that your day and night time experiences will make it hard to leave. The education that is delivered at the VSE is both exciting and insightful. The European learning style is interesting, challenging and refreshing. You will have plenty of time to explore, and will not be bombarded with out of class school work. There is a little, but not so much to where you are stuck in your room. The weekends will allow you to explore the city, or venture out to other cities and experience what Europe has to offer. The only regret that I have is that I left. True story!

Nikki
Sault sainte Marie, Michigan
Lake Superior State University

The Best Experience

With an amazing group of people who run this program, the ESAC gave me day to day experiences that have molded me into a more educated and globalized person. I am so thankful for the memories!! Thank you!

If I could change one thing, it would be the food in the cafeteria. There wasn't many vegetarian options.

Barbara
Lakewood, Colorado

Czech it out!

This trip was my very first time in another country, living on my own in a dorm like situation, and taking a summer course. I went into it fairly open minded and surprisingly enough was even more happy with my overall outcome of the trip. I honestly can't count the ways in which my experiences there have changed me for the better. Taking classes during summer was not my idea of a vacation in Europe, but honestly it very rarely got in the way of being able to thoroughly see Europe and my Professors were all great and understanding and enthusiastic about our experience there. Classes were in the morning and done before we knew it leaving plenty of time to go out and explore. Sadly it was only a month long and there is so much to do, but on the bright side you definitely won't go home feeling empty handed.

I'm a very adaptable person, I went into the living, school, and meal situation thinking it wouldn't be all that fancy or anything to rave about. The living standards were actually better than I had expected and there were always a sufficient amount of meal choices at breakfast and lunch that I never felt bored by the food. I really had nothing to complain about besides the typical complainers themselves!

Phillip

Great Experience

The time spent the city made me feel almost apart of it. all the instructors were very nice and understanding that you are there to tour as well as to learn. The only bad part of the trip was that it had to end!

Sara
University of Colorado- Denver

Truly unique opportunity to explore academics + culture

To this day, Prague remains one of my all-time favorite cities. This is, in large part, due to the hospitality and passion of the ESAC proprietors – Kristine and David.

They are dedicated teachers, observers, listeners, tour guides, and friends. They are well-connected into Czech culture and are dedicated to helping each student navigate an enriching experience.

The city – its standing in the world, its people, its development – is full of hesitancies, but also boldness. And thus, makes for a rich academic and cultural experience.

I attended this program the summer of 2005, so I anticipate there may be some improvements and changes since then. This review is based on my experience.

Each day started off with optional language and culture courses (should be mandatory and even a little longer). I enjoyed easing my way into the day with this course and it gave me the confidence I needed to navigate the city.

I was there on an independent study course for my master's degree in political science, so my experience was unique to the other students there working on undergrad degrees.

Kristine was supportive and attentive to my unique needs and challenges and served as a great mentor. I was able to attend classes, as my schedule allowed, but then was offered plenty of time for research and meetings with business and government officials.

The month-long program offered a great balance of academics and tourism, although I wish I had stayed an extra week to spend more time at some favorite spots away from the big group. For the most part, the program is setup to keep the group together for all activities. This is great for extroverts, but a little challenging for introverts who need some solo time to recharge.

The food is protein and carb heavy and a bit bland. As a vegetarian, I had to seek out produce and ended up buying groceries so I had healthier options. Finding time to eat a nutritious meal between all the scheduled activities was my biggest challenge.

The excursions were a lot of fun. It's helpful to have trusted mentors to help navigate your adventure. They know the best places to go, and when. And this makes sightseeing stress-free and absolutely delightful.

Overall, I'm still quite fond of my Prague academic adventure. I light up when someone mentions the city or asks about my experience. I can't imagine a more magical city to live in for one month and explore new academics and new culture.

Mandatory culture and language courses – and maybe even make them a bit longer.

Praha

So Much Fun

I had a wonderful experience going to Prague. I have met people that I will keep in touch with and tons of stories that I will never forget. If I had the chance to go back, I would. I also had the opportunity to travel to Rome while we were there as well. A great experience!!

If there was one thing to change I would have brought some water flavors to add to the water, it tastes different, but you get used to it after a while. Also, I would have brought a lighter suitcase so that I could have brought more home.

Jmappelbaum
Tuscaloosa, AL
University of Alabama- Birmingham

Great experience, lots of fun

ESAC Prague was one of the best months of my life. Great friends, great memories, and interesting experiences. Having classes about European topics actually in the Czech Republic was especially rewarding. Prague is a great place to spend a summer.

Better academic support

Praha7ForLife

Life Changing Program

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about ESAC. From the very beginning of my application process, David and Kristine were beyond helpful and made the process easy. The way in which ESAC organizes the Prague program is wonderful. They organize a few site visits and social events but for the most part, the program really focuses on allowing students to dive into the amazing culture of Prague. I am a different person since participating in the ESAC Program. Prague is amazing and having this opportunity to study through ESAC has been life changing. I have no regrets and would do it all over again tomorrow if I could. I loved every minute of it. I miss Prague and my ESAC buddies more and more as the time passes. ESAC, David and Kristine are magnificent and I cannot speak their praises enough.

The program should be extended so that students can experience Prague without the stress of school. School should last a month and then an extra week for exploring.

Amber

MUST EXPERIENCE!!!!

This was my first time every leaving the US of A and I was very satisfied that I decided to experience it with a study abroad trip. Attending with ESAC made it EVEN BETTER!!!! I was able to meet new people, take in Prague one bit at a time and still have that security that I was alright and taken care if anything were to come up. Must Must Must GOESAC!!!!

Metrostudent

Prague 2012

This program was awesome, everything was layers out before you even got there so you could plan things way in advance. School was from 9-2 depending if you had an internship, and all the work asked of you was very reasonable. Food and drinks are cheap and the night life is awesome.

Some of the site visits were not necessary and some incontinent, but overall they were not bad and I really like the personal site visits (to local businesses) because you got to seak out places of interest to you.

sjk9109
Rock Island, IL

Summer of a lifetime

I was apprehensive about spending the summer in a foreign country the summer after my freshman year, but as soon as I checked in I felt welcomed and encouraged by David and Kristine. The program had the perfect balance of structured activities and free time, which allowed for a truly authentic experience. I was also able to intern part time at a law firm, which helped convince me that law is the direction I want to take, and also provides a great conversation piece at interviews.

Exploring all the beautiful city of Prague has to offer with students from around the world was a fabulous experience. I still keep in touch with/visit some friends I made there more than two years later. I had the summer of a lifetime and I left prague a more confident and independent woman.

LaurieUkpabi
Cincinnati, Ohio
University of Cincinnati

Best Study Abroad

While I was in college I participated in 5 study abroad programs.

ESAC's program in Prague was for sure my favorite.

Too many abroad programs try to be a guided tour for 100% of the time you are there.

ESAC has a perfect blend of class/group activities/free time.

I wouldn't change a thing!!!!!

smeagan7
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Virginia Polytechnic Institute

The only way to study abroad in Prague

Studying abroad with ESAC was the time of my life! From the very beginning, Kristine and David made me feel welcome. I tend to be a little shy in new situations like that, but they had great activities planned and I quickly made a ton of friends. I even ended up living with another one of the students at my university in the states the next year. They were always there if I needed anything, and did a great job keeping everything flowing smoothly while still making sure everyone had a great time.

Instructions (in English) on how to use the washing machines in the building. I struggled with that one..

The European Study Abroad Center (ESAC) offers top-notch programs over the summertime in Prague. They are the Eastern European experts for study abroad - whether your interests lie in historical sites, business networking opportunities, or weekend jaunts to neighboring countries, ESAC will help you get