View Other Details
The world's oldest English-speaking university
University of Oxford, a member of the prestigious Russell Group, is the world’s oldest English-speaking university, and ranks consistently as the top university in the world.
Established in 1096, the university consists of numerous semi-autonomous constituent colleges and halls, all of which maintain reputations as elite centers of learning. University of Oxford in its entirety is home to 24,000 students, approximately 11,000 of whom are international, from 160 countries.
Oxford is highly competitive, and world renowned for its high academic standards and research and teaching excellence. Your studies through Arcadia at one of six Oxford colleges will take place in the framework of the tutorial system. You can apply to study the sciences, social sciences, or arts at one of six colleges: St. Anne’s, St. Catherine’s, St. Edmund Hall, Lady Margaret Hall, Mansfield College, or Hertford College.
- Arcadia excursions enhance cultural immersion and provide meaningful context
- This is a highly sought after and competitive opportunity for students at Junior or Senior standing with an excellent academic background, with early application deadlines
- This system requires intensive academic preparation and independent work, which you’ll then discuss one-on-one or in small groups with an assigned college tutor
- The Oxford academic year is three terms, and students can choose between fall term, spring two term, or a full academic year, depending upon the college into which they’re accepted.
- Each college at Oxford maintains its own social events and distinct college culture, while drawing from the amenities and characteristics of Oxford as a whole