Athena Study Abroad Program at Roehampton University, London

Athena Study Abroad Program at Roehampton University, London

Study with Athena Abroad in the most popular destination in the world- London, England. Roehampton University offers a wide variety of classes and are especially well known for their research and biological anthropology and dance programs. Stay in a nearby student residency with all of the essentials included. Link up with local and international students to go on a variety of trips, making great friends and memories at the same time!

As the city grew it developed districts, such as Covent Garden, South Bank, and Soho, each with its own distinct vibe. Take the opportunity to venture further into the UK or other parts of Europe with a quick bus, train or airplane ride. Study with Athena Abroad for an amazing experience next semester!

Europe » England » London
Year Round
Writing Sample
Letters of Recommendation
Visa Requirement
Keep in mind that the program costs are not only for tuition, but also for field trips, housing, on-site advising, insurance through HTH Worldwide, a transcript, excellence customer service, and more. If you are concerned about finances, Athena Study Abroad does provide scholarships ranging from 250-8,000 USD, just check out our website!
London

Destiney
Wisconsin
Columbia College Chicago

My Spring 2015

I was so scared, but excited about going to a different country all by myself for six months! When I got there, of course I got a little home sick for like two days, but I met some really cool people that hyped me up. London was a fun challenge to roam around in the city. They drove on the opposite side! I was able to go to many plays, old palaces like Hampton court, Cambridge University, and I also went up north to York! I formed strong bonds with some people who I still talk to and plan on visiting in the future. It was defiantly a life changing experience that I recommend every must do and Athena is a great program that will help you along the way to make sure that your experience is a fantastic one!

For me it would have to be more of a connection between my home school and my host school when it comes to paperwork and transcripts. It was a little bit stressful, but everything turned out well in the end.

Jazmen
Tennessee
Martin Methodist College

I love Athena

I am such a huge advocate of study abroad now thanks to these individuals. Brittany Reed was the best mentor; she kept me on track throughout the process and answered what seemed like a million and one questions. I am so very grateful for Athena Abroad.

Mallori
Saginaw, Michigan
Saginaw Valley State University

The Lovely London

London is such an amazing and magnificent place. I was very lucky to get the chance to experience it. I felt I was really able to connect with the people and the culture of the city. Everyone I met was very nice. I even made some friends that offer to show me the countryside of London and take us to all the fun clubs and pubs. That was one of the best parts of London. I also really enjoyed the food. Fish and chips in London are way better than ones in America. I suggest for everyone to go to wagamamas...it is so yummy! I also liked that even though I was living on my own, I still felt like a tourist since I was visiting all these tourist attractions. London is just so much fun!

Kelsey
Salem State University

Fabulous

This was the most exciting semester of my life. I made amazing friends, I got to travel to Italy and Ireland. I could not have asked for a better abroad experience! The University of Roehampton is notorious for t's parties so if that is what you are looking for then this school is absolutely perfect for you. If you want more of an academic challenge I do not recommend it though. Athena was extremely helpful and dealt with all my nagging questions, and my neurotic need to know every little detail. I could not thank them enough for giving me a chance at this adventure.

A school with better academics

Katie
Tiffin, OH
Heidelberg College

Best Experience Ever

Living just outside of London was the best! We were able to catch a bus to the tube to get into central London and explore Piccadilly Circus and other great places. I went to class three days a week and traveled around the UK and Europe on the weekends. Athena Abroad was so helpful throughout the entire process, both before and during my time abroad. I couldn't have done it without their help. If personal attention is what you what, go with Athena!

Ali
Columbus, Ohio
Capital University

American Invasion of England

Roehampton is located just outside of the city of London, which gives students a feeling of actual natives while keeping you close enough to the city to adventure around and see all of the tourist hot spots. I joined the volleyball and ultimate frisbee teams on campus. This helped me to meet locals and other study abroad students. I'm still in contact with many of them. One tip is to become friends with someone who knows the area fairly well. I had so many awesome adventures with native Londoners because they knew all of the cool, off-the-beaten path places to go to. One down side was that I didn't get along with my flatmates (roommates) very well. They were loud party people and I am not.

Change what events are provided through the social program (let the students pick what they want to do the most) and to provide a survey to better match roommates.

Megan_London
Berea, KY

Amazing Experience Abroad

Studying abroad in London was the best decision I have ever made. This experience changed my life and I am so happy I did it. I miss being in Europe every single day and cannot wait to go back. I was only in class about 6 hours a week which gave me ample time to explore. Athena was so helpful every step of the way.

Athena Study Abroad was designed by knowledgeable and caring professionals with one goal in mind: to bring authentic study abroad experiences to life that involve real cultural immersion aspects. Athena strives to provide programs that embrace personalized experiences at small overseas schools, bringing each student