Athena Study Abroad Program at Roehampton University, London

Study with Athena Abroad in the most popular destination in the world - London, England. Roehampton University offers a wide variety of classes and are especially well known for their research and biological anthropology and dance programs. Stay in a nearby student residency with all of the essentials included. Link up with local and international students to go on a variety of trips, making great friends and memories at the same time!

As the city grew it developed districts, such as Covent Garden, South Bank, and Soho, each with its own distinct vibe. Take the opportunity to venture further into the UK or other parts of Europe with a quick bus, train or airplane ride. Study with Athena Abroad for an amazing experience next semester!

• Because London is a cultural hub for much of the world's literature, art, and fashion, students have the opportunity to apply traditional in-class learning through real-life educational experiences.
  • Rival dorms enjoy competing for the gold in many social events. So get our your face paint. Support your dorm. Get ready to win!
  • The university of Roehampton has been recognized for its excellence in teaching and research as London's #1 modern university.
  • The best way to figure out the craziness that is London: a scavenger hunt! On orientation weekend, students will be put in the mid of London and tasked to go searching!
  • The Athena London program is in perfect proximity to urban London, while nestled in a suburban green campus oasis!

Michael

University of Roehampton

University of Roehampton was the funnest place ever! The classes are easy, there are part events multiple times every week, and they have a lot of fun school events including a spring concert at the end of the program. Living in London was amazing! There is always something to do and everything is easily accessible. Traveling to around London or England or Europe is so easy from London and can be pretty cheap. It can be an expensive place to live but it is definitely worth it!

The staff on campus could do more, such as more events and better at getting students together.
Alexa

Life in London

For the 5 months that I lived in London, I grew not only academically, but culturally and personally as well. The academics at Roehampton were incredibly well organized, each professor held high expectations for their students and provided the guidance, assistance and encouragement for their pupils to meet them. My classmates attending the University with me were friendly and outgoing which meant I got an insiders look at London, along with some fellow study abroad classmates. I met some of my now closest friends and forged irreplaceable relationships across boarders that I will forever cherish. I also traveled all across Europe on the weekends and holidays! Driving through different countries, visiting age old landmarks and historic places that most only ever see in history books. Expanding my cultural viewpoint helped me as a person to grow and be more open minded. This short summary of my time does not do that indescribable experience justice, but I will never be able to put into words how amazing my time over seas was, and how it changed me as a person; for the better.

Destiney

My Spring 2015

I was so scared, but excited about going to a different country all by myself for six months! When I got there, of course I got a little home sick for like two days, but I met some really cool people that hyped me up. London was a fun challenge to roam around in the city. They drove on the opposite side! I was able to go to many plays, old palaces like Hampton court, Cambridge University, and I also went up north to York! I formed strong bonds with some people who I still talk to and plan on visiting in the future. It was defiantly a life changing experience that I recommend every must do and Athena is a great program that will help you along the way to make sure that your experience is a fantastic one!

For me it would have to be more of a connection between my home school and my host school when it comes to paperwork and transcripts. It was a little bit stressful, but everything turned out well in the end.
Jazmen

I love Athena

I am such a huge advocate of study abroad now thanks to these individuals. Brittany Reed was the best mentor; she kept me on track throughout the process and answered what seemed like a million and one questions. I am so very grateful for Athena Abroad.

Mallori

The Lovely London

London is such an amazing and magnificent place. I was very lucky to get the chance to experience it. I felt I was really able to connect with the people and the culture of the city. Everyone I met was very nice. I even made some friends that offer to show me the countryside of London and take us to all the fun clubs and pubs. That was one of the best parts of London. I also really enjoyed the food. Fish and chips in London are way better than ones in America. I suggest for everyone to go to wagamamas...it is so yummy! I also liked that even though I was living on my own, I still felt like a tourist since I was visiting all these tourist attractions. London is just so much fun!

Kelsey

Fabulous

This was the most exciting semester of my life. I made amazing friends, I got to travel to Italy and Ireland. I could not have asked for a better abroad experience! The University of Roehampton is notorious for t's parties so if that is what you are looking for then this school is absolutely perfect for you. If you want more of an academic challenge I do not recommend it though. Athena was extremely helpful and dealt with all my nagging questions, and my neurotic need to know every little detail. I could not thank them enough for giving me a chance at this adventure.

A school with better academics
Katie

Best Experience Ever

Living just outside of London was the best! We were able to catch a bus to the tube to get into central London and explore Piccadilly Circus and other great places. I went to class three days a week and traveled around the UK and Europe on the weekends. Athena Abroad was so helpful throughout the entire process, both before and during my time abroad. I couldn't have done it without their help. If personal attention is what you what, go with Athena!

Ali

American Invasion of England

Roehampton is located just outside of the city of London, which gives students a feeling of actual natives while keeping you close enough to the city to adventure around and see all of the tourist hot spots. I joined the volleyball and ultimate frisbee teams on campus. This helped me to meet locals and other study abroad students. I'm still in contact with many of them. One tip is to become friends with someone who knows the area fairly well. I had so many awesome adventures with native Londoners because they knew all of the cool, off-the-beaten path places to go to. One down side was that I didn't get along with my flatmates (roommates) very well. They were loud party people and I am not.

Change what events are provided through the social program (let the students pick what they want to do the most) and to provide a survey to better match roommates.
Megan_London

Amazing Experience Abroad

Studying abroad in London was the best decision I have ever made. This experience changed my life and I am so happy I did it. I miss being in Europe every single day and cannot wait to go back. I was only in class about 6 hours a week which gave me ample time to explore. Athena was so helpful every step of the way.

About Athena Study Abroad

Athena Study Abroad was designed by knowledgeable and caring professionals with one goal in mind: to bring authentic study abroad experiences to life that involve real cultural immersion aspects. Athena strives to provide programs that embrace...