IES Abroad London - Study London

IES Abroad London - Study London

The goal of our over 35-year-old program is to help you explore contemporary London, both physically and culturally. Gain a deeper knowledge of British culture, including the central importance of history to the British. Explore the global impact of Britain on Western culture, including art, literature, and financial and political systems.

London will also be your classroom. Get to know British culture and arts by visiting some of the city’s many museums and art galleries, including the British Museum (a two-minute walk from our Center!), the National Gallery, and the Tate Galleries. Learn about the city’s history from your world-class professors and then visit London’s three UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Tower of London, Westminster Palace, and Kew’s Royal Botanic Gardens. Everywhere you turn in London is a new opportunity to learn more—strolling down the streets, passing by the many book stores, watching street performers, and listening to live music. Welcome to study abroad!

Europe » England » London
Theater, Drama and Dance
Age Requirement
Health Requirement
Contact IES Abroad or see website for details: www.IESabroad.org/london

YES! I came in knowing about one person from my school going on this program and came out with so many new friends!

Vivian
New York
University of Maryland

Best program for studying in London

I signed up for the Study London track on a whim; I knew I wanted to go to London and I knew that I wanted to do an internship, but that's it. However, I am so happy that my school's Study London program was cancelled. Being able to go abroad with IES provided me with once in a lifetime experiences. With the program, I was able to meet and make new friends from different colleges around the US, expand my professional career with an internship, travel to different areas of the country and overall showed me so much of what London had to offer. The staff were helpful, the accommodations were amazing, and I can now saw that I feed reindeer in the highlands of Scotland.

If you have the opportunity to go to London with IES, do it!

No improvements, I feel like they really catered their program towards their audience.

female portrait in front of mural
Marisa

Academic Year Abroad-Queen Mary University of London

This was the best year of my life. Living only 20 minutes by tube from central London was extremely convenient. I got to live with students from around the world, not just England. I made unforgettable memories and learned how to be much more independent. It is certainly a different academic experience, but that's the point. Don't let this opportunity pass you by; London is the best city in the world to study abroad, and IES will make it happen.

Honestly, I don't have any complaints. The only slight issues were with course registration, but that was totally up to Queen Mary, not IES Abroad.

Raychel
London, England

The Best Time of My Life

Studying abroad in London was one of the best decisions of my life. IES provided a great living location that made it easy and quick to get around London. All of the IES staff were welcoming from the moment we arrived and were always trying to make our experience abroad more enjoyable. IES provided multiple planned trips to other cities and towns around England that gave us more opportunities to travel and meet other students in our program. I enjoyed every one of my classes I took at our program's center. I was able to explore parts of London through my classes on a daily basis which helped make the classes and learning more enjoyable. My time abroad was one of the best experiences and I am happy to say that I am still connected with the the friends I made in London. I would highly recommend studying abroad because you get to experience new cultures and make unforgettable memories with new people.

Allie
Pennsylvania State University

From London with Love

Studying through this program was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I would go back tomorrow if I were able. Not only were the professors absolutely amazing, but the way the program itself allowed us to fully immerse ourselves in the city through classes and group outings really gave us a unique perspective of being able to use the city to our advantage. The staff at the IES center were always willing to help you with even the smallest concerns and I can't thank them enough for their support on the journey. If you're able, make sure to take every single tiny trip that IES offers you! They provide some of the most interesting tours and most interesting insight on the UK and I'm forever grateful for the experience.

I would've loved it if there were more opportunities to mingle with students from other universities in London.

Reid

Great Program in a Great City

The program offered at IES Abroad London was one I am very happy I joined. The program itself is very well organized and it is easy to see the effort that the entire staff at IES put into making this a great opportunity. I personally took part in the semester internship program as well, which brought another exciting aspect to my time in London. I seriously enjoyed the work I did at my internship and the staff teaching the courses were great as well. These individuals all had great industry experience, marketing in my case, and were passionate about the content they were teaching. As a city, London has so much to offer as long as students are willing to take full advantage of it. I personally became very involved with multiple local organizations which led me to create lasting relationships with countless Londoners. I highly recommend students consider this program when looking at their potential options.

Kalista
London, England
Le Moyne College

London Life

Deciding to study abroad was one of the hardest decisions to make. I'm so glad I did it though. One of the best things I loved was that the IES Center was in the heart of London and my dorm room was right next to platform 9 3/4! I think that is what made it an even better experience. I was able to walk to big ben and trafalgar square in between classes. I was taking communication courses at the school and thought they were not super difficult which was great because I could focus more on traveling and less on stress! One thing I learned from this trip was that there is so much beauty out there, and I learned so much about myself. I learned how to travel and go unplugged from the internet and still find happiness. I didn't even care about my phone at that point. It was a twenty minute walk from my dorm to class everyday, and I loved it. Most students took the double decker bus, but I walked. I put headphones in and would walk miles everyday. I did this because I knew I wouldn't remember the bus seats, but I would remember all the great things on the streets I would see. Overall, I was very very pleased with IES. I even went on five field trips.... including going inside 10 Downing Street!

The housing company that IES goes through were a little rude, but they would have parties and fun activities for us to do which made up for it.

Kendrah
Bloomington, IN

The Best City to Study Abroad

I studied in London in the Fall of 2016, where I enrolled in 15 credit hours of courses and worked about 16 hours a week for my internship. The IES program gives you the option to choose from some really interesting classes that you wouldn’t normally take at your home school – I chose to take a film production course while some of my friends chose architecture or theater courses. The internship program is amazing as well because IES will put you directly in contact with businesses and organizations that fit your interests and career goals. My internship experience matched my interests perfectly and helped me to grow my business and cross-cultural communication skills.

If I were to do it all over again, I would still choose London – hands down. In my personal opinion, London is the best city to study abroad in and the IES program provides you with incredible experiences and plenty of opportunities. Students get to live right by Kings Cross station, from where you can get virtually anywhere throughout London – and promise me, you will never run out of things to do in London! Ask the IES advisors or professors if you want some recommendations. Due to the way university is organized in the UK (the bulk of your projects and exams are towards the end of the semester) I felt that I had plenty of free time during the semester explore the entire city of London, and to travel around the UK and to other countries in Europe. If traveling is important to you, keep this in mind! The only downside to this program is that it’s difficult to befriend locals because you are living and taking classes with your fellow American IES students.

An improved roommate matching system
Find ways to help students meet more locals

Lydia
6 months old
Washington D.C
Howard University

An unforgettable experience

London, my choice city, is anything but ordinary. Walking on the popular Holborn street in London where I took most of my classes I heard just about every language except English, an indication of diverse cultures. While I was there I visited many cities on weekends including Cambridge, Brighton, Liverpool, Stonehenge, Stratford Upon Avon and Canterbury, thanks to the IES staff who organized these well planned trips on weekends. The courses that I studied in London, including one at Oxford University, immersed me in the health care world of the United Kingdom (UK). A lot of the courses challenge you to find solutions of the modern day health problems, which are mainly Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs). My program also included a service learning section working with Healthwatch Tower Hamlets. This organization acts as a liaison between the National Health Service (NHS) and their clients. I was able to visit hospitals, clinics, day centers and mental clinics in London and to see the approach the U.K. takes in providing healthcare for its citizens.

The study abroad program included a 10 day trip to Jamaica. In Jamaica we were placed at the island’s leading tertiary institution, the University of the West Indies. The program included visits to health clinics in both rural and urban areas in the capital Kingston. This experience gave us first- hand experience in comparing and contrasting the health care services in both UK and Jamaica. Professionally, my study abroad experience has made me more diverse in my field as a Health Management major. Health is global and this experience exposed me to the different health care systems employed by European countries .

Destiney
Louisville, Kentucky

London, There is Nothing Like it

IES London is a well executed program. They have though of just about everything to make the students feel comfortable and excited about their study abroad experience. I stayed in a dorm style room with a random roommate, who luckily turned out to be a great friend, and a shared kitchen with the floor. The place was all up to date and a maid came to clean our rooms once a week. We were also located near the biggest tube station in London so getting places was very easy. The classes at IES were interesting and a lot of the times were not held in an actual class room. The instructors would take the class around the city to give us an in person view of the building or the exact spot where a monumental event happened. This brought the information alive and was far more engaging than reading about it in a book. I planned my class schedule to allow me to have a 4 day weekend, leaving a lot of free time to travel to different countries and to also explore the great city of London. The city has so much to offer you and you'll only regret it if you don’t go and see for yourself.

Make the program longer, I wish I had more time in London.

Holly
Jenison, MI
Hope College

The Best Decision of My Life

I studied abroad in London with IES Abroad this past spring semester. I come from a small town in West Michigan, USA and I have never lived further than 30 minutes away from where I grew up. Making the decision to go live in one of the biggest and most famous cities in the world was the best decision of my young adult life that I have made thus far. IES London helped me get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself in ways I didn't think possible. I learned so much about organization, time management, stress management, and taking in every opportunity that life has to offer. I also learned things about myself including how I react to certain things, what I value in other people, and what is most important to me. I'm sure I won't ever be able to fully grasp the impact that studying abroad had on me.
My classes only met once a week, but I was always excited to go to them because it was a different and new experience than what I had back home. I had the opportunity to learn from professors who grew up and lived in London and they shared experiences and secrets of the city that I never would have heard of otherwise. I made lifelong friendships in just one semester and I will take the memories I made with me wherever I go for the rest of my life. The staff of IES and the program field trips made the experience even more memorable. We travelled all over the UK to places like Scotland, Bath, Stonehenge, Brighton, and more. I learned just as much inside the classroom as out of it.
Studying abroad truly changed the way I look at the world and has sparked an interest in me to see everything the world has to offer. IES helped me live out dreams that I didn't even know I was dreaming.

Sharing more information before the beginning of the program and providing more people to contact with questions.

Natalie
State College, PA
Pennsylvania State University

Can I go back?

It's extremely hard to describe how amazing this program was and how much I learned and grew from being a part of it. The staff at IES were truly incredible--many of them were young and love experiencing the city so they were able to provide advice and suggestions (whether it was where to go for dinner, what museums were the best, or what are of London had the best nightlife). The classes were very interesting and I loved being able to learn about the UK and then have the opportunity to go out and experience what we were learning in the classroom. In all of my classes we took at least one trip out of the classroom and into the city--being a visual learner this was extremely helpful in learning the class materials and it also helped me learn a lot about the history of certain parts of London. Living right near King's Cross was incredible and it was so easy to get around London considering the tube was right down the street! I also was able to make so many amazing friends from this program that I know I will always share my experiences with! I cannot wait to go back to London and wish I could experience it all over again!

Karina
Springfield, Ohio
Wittenberg University

Semester of a lifetime

London is truly the most amazing city I have ever had the honor to call home for a semester. There was always something new to explore and see. Everyday was filled with new sights: it was exciting not knowing what would happen tomorrow. I owe so much to IES Abroad for facilitating such an incredible experience. From organized field trips to safety to classes, the IES staff was so organized. I felt so at home in London and part of that is because of IES Abroad. Go study abroad!! This will always be my favorite semester and I learned so much that I never could back home. You won't regret going!

Campbell
HARTFORD, CT
Trinity College

Love food, love London

London is an amazing city to study abroad in because it exposes you not only to a local culture, but an international culture. As one of the international capitals of the world, London is absolutely massive and is home to an ethnically diverse population. This dynamism is part of the reason I fell in love with the city. You could walk from the Tower of London, an iconic British and ominously medieval emblem of dark ages, across the Thames to the colorful Borough market, which overflows with food stalls from all corners of the world.

IES and the IES staff did a really excellent job of making sure that we didn’t leave London without having explored all rich deposits of culture that the city had to offer. The program often offered free trips to different neighborhoods in London. One of my favorite day trips was to Camden Market, in Camden Town. The streets leading to the market are lined with brightly-colored store fronts housing eclectic vendors. The market itself is home to some of the best food I have ever tasted. Literally I don’t think I could even name every country represented by the all the different culinary options there. At one stand you get can get traditional paella, at another they have Jamaican jerk chicken, or you can go to the curry cart and enjoy some of the best Indian food you will ever eat in your life. The food in London is amazing and I don’t think I will ever again have the chance to try Mesir Wot from Ethiopia and Thai green curry in the same place again (just one of the many reasons I love London). If you love food, trust me, you will love London too.

These outings were led by student assistants, whom are British university students working with IES. I really liked having these trips because it gave you an opportunity to talk with the student assistants in a more relaxed setting and ask about things like nightlife or their favorite restaurants.

Carey
seattle washington
Seattle University

London with IES

My study abroad experience in London was better than I could have imagined going in. The IES Study London program offered a good balance of structure as well as freedom to let the experience be shaped by each student. Through this program I was placed in an awesome internship, took classes from professors who were experts in their fields as well as genuinely great people, and went on some incredible trips organized by IES such as an excursion to Scotland where we got to feed reindeer. The staff in the IES London program are all incredibly nice and welcoming and provided so much support throughout my four months abroad.

Emily
Indiana

Still Struggling to Find the Words

When I arrived back in America after my study abroad experience, I was bombarded with the same question from friends and family: "How was it?" I struggled to come up with an adjective, even a few adjectives, to succinctly describe my experience in Europe. Turns out it's impossible to; I don't think I'll ever be able to put into words how amazing and challenging and transforming my semester in London was.

From the location to the academics to the living situation, everything about the IES program exceeded expectations. London is such a vibrant city, with so much to offer. It was too easy to fall in love with the unique combination of history and growth. The location of the program's residence halls was incredibly ideal considering it was within a five minute walk from the largest Tube station. I consider my academic experience abroad to be extremely beneficial to my education. England does school quite differently than traditional American schooling and it was a pleasure to be a part of such a dynamic interaction for a semester. IES provided engaging courses with equally engaging professors. I truly walked away with much more knowledge than I came with. Further than just an increase in knowledge, my semester in London allowed me to gain a vast appreciation for different cultures and experiences. For that I am beyond grateful.

Tommy
Philadelphia, PA

Going Abroad? GO IES!

Studying abroad on IES' Study London program was hands down the best decision I made in my college career. They prepared all of their students for life in London. The staff was genuine and accessible whenever you needed them. I think one of my biggest take aways from the experience is the fact that still talk to the friends that I made nearly every day. If you're studying abroad in London, I can't think of a better program to do it with.

There wasn't a great deal of interaction with local British students. If that's what you are looking for you're going to need to put in the work on your own.

Sarah
Indiana University- Bloomington

If I could go back, I would never leave.

One of my favorite things about this program is that they plan trips for their students that they can sign up for, and at first I didn't want to go on these trips but once I made my friends there, I knew I couldn't miss out. The Scotland trip was probably one of the best traveling experiences I had. It's a time when you can get to know the on-site staff and other students in your program much better- especially through Karaoke in a little town in Scotland. IES does so much to make their program unique and fun for everyone.

One thing that I would change is that I would want to somehow get more immersed with the locals, It was difficult because I lived with and had classes with all Americans, so I got to know them very well but kept wishing I could get to know locals better.

Eileen
Indiana

London Calling

London is a place where you can just jump on the tube, get off at a stop you have never heard of before, and explore. That is what I did to get to know the city and it is how I found some of my favorite spots!

Making the program longer and including a week long break halfway through.

Taylor
New Jersey
College of Charleston

London Calling

My time abroad was such an incredible and rewarding experience. I think about London every day and can only say how amazing my time there was because of the opportunities, guidance, encouragement, and passion that my program provided. I went through IES Study London, which is an unique program because we are not directly enrolled full time at a traditional University. There are intern programs and the option to take a course at an outside University, which is something I did do. At first I thought this would “hinder” my abroad experience, but the dynamic ended up truly making it because my entire program was able to get to know each another so much better through classes, living in the same building, and participating in IES trips together. The classes at IES are taught by credible professors and the class-sizes were small and challenging. I learned a whole new perspective of international politics that I hadn’t been exposed to back home and really took away valuable skills and a better understanding about the world around me. London is such a vibrant city and IES does such a wonderful job helping us transition and encourages us to take full advantage of our time abroad. They really made London feel smaller and much more personal. I was able to learn and grow so much during my time in London and am so thankful for such an amazing experience. The chance to truly live, study, and experience a city for more than a visit is an opportunity that everyone should take full advantage of— I promise you will only regret it if you don’t go abroad!!

I wish my program was longer. It was a good fit for me because I was able to come back home with plenty of time to work and to find a summer internship, but another week or two would have been awesome. I do think they are changing it for next year!

Carly

Abroad with London IES

Going abroad to London through IES was one of the best experiences I’ve had in my life so far. It was easy to create a schedule of classes that allowed me to have a lot of free time to travel on the weekends and explore London. The staff also planned a lot of day trips, a midterm trip through Scotland (where we got to pet and feed REINDEER!), and day outings in London to make sure we had a great time. We lived close to the biggest tube station in London so getting around was really easy, and I liked living in a residence hall with a bunch of other study abroad students. The only negative was that the rooms were pretty small and the shared communal kitchen got dirty and lacked some basic kitchen equipment, but really I wasn’t in the residence hall that much. I would definitely recommend this program and the location: London is the most incredible city with so much to do and explore!

Better teaching staff.

Jaclyn
Munster, IN
Indiana University- Bloomington

Studying Abroad was the Best Experience Ever!

My love for music and attending concerts became a substantial part of my life while studying abroad in London through IES. IES staff members want you to have a great individual immersion, so they were always insightful when I asked questions about how a typical English student would be living including places to get cheap food, neighborhoods where young people hang, places to shop, resources for homework, and of course, which bands or dj's were in town and where. IES staff would share their personal favorite artists for me to listen to while recommending venues or student deals for shows.

Music was even incorporated into my curriculum. In my British Youth Culture course, we studied different historical periods and subcultures that were relatable for students and included studying famous British musicians. From the The Beatles to the creators of dub step, my courses allowed to further explore my interests and apply them in an academic setting.

There could be more pre departure information. I felt somewhat unprepared heading overseas particularly about how much to budget and which items (clothes, school supplies, etc) to pack or wait to buy there.

Kate

The Best Semester of Your Life

Months and months of anticipation felt like a lifetime compared to the months actually spent abroad. Landing in London on January 5th was one of the most exciting days of my life. I was nervous to be away from home for such a long amount of time, but excited to start one of my most independent adventures of my entire life.

The first thing I wanted to do was to take a nap! I didn't get much sleep on the plane (due to excitement) and the jetlag was hitting hard! However, IES London had a different plan in mind. I arrived with my months worth of luggage and was told that I had one hour to get settled and that I would be going on a tour of the area and purchasing my Oyster card (the public transportation card that will inevitably become your best friend). IES staff knew we were all exhausted, but that the best thing for us was to get moving and adjust as best as we could to the time change as soon as possible. We all got our necessary items (sheets, hangers, and all the essentials) and got excited for what was left to come.

IES Staff wanted us all to have the best experience possible from day 1. Whether it was organizing fun and interesting tours around all of England, to just having a casual conversation about our travel plans in between classes. They never failed to lend their years of advice to ensure we were safe and making the most of our time overseas! I would not have traded this experience for anything and would not have wanted my experience to be with any other abroad coordinators.

Make the program longer!

Alexandra
West Bloomfield, Michigan

Life in London

Going abroad in London was easily the best decision I've ever made. I was able to learn more about myself than I ever thought possible while experiencing a new culture and lifestyle. Day to day life in London proved to be something that I could get used to in a heart beat and if you're looking for a big city and never running out of things to do, London is the place for you. I was able to travel and see the world while abroad, which was something that was also extremely important to me. I made connections and relationships with people that I have no doubt will help me down the line and I will treasure the friendships and memories forever.

I would make it longer.

Steven
North Massapequa, New York

A True Experience of a Lifetime

This opportunity could not have come at a more perfect time. I had just finished my most grueling semester of college and my terms were coming to an end for my positions in both my business and social fraternity. I felt the need to break from the mundane and try something completely new, and the Study London program through IES gave me that chance. This program gave me so many opportunities and it can do the same for you. Through this program, I took relevant and challenging courses that not only kept me engaged and helped the GPA, but allowed me to think critically and gave me extra tools for both the academic and the "real" world. Despite my business major, I was able to take an acting class through IES. This allowed me to see a play once a week for a fraction of the cost, giving me the chance to soak in London's fine art culture at a discount. I was happy with the living arrangements (we stayed in Kings Cross, the proverbial epicenter of London). I could get almost anywhere I needed to be within 20 minutes and the common living area allowed for all of the students to really get to know each other. But perhaps the greatest thing about the study abroad program is that they understand that students want to travel and take that into account when building the program. The coursework can be a little rigorous at times, but IES has created a system where you can make your class schedule work with your study schedule. I knew I wanted to travel to different countries so I put all of my classes on Tuesday and Wednesday. While this option isn't always open, I was able to ensure that I put in a solid effort into my academics while being able to travel whenever I could. The result was a huge GPA boost and my unbelievable experiences in Berlin, Barcelona, Amsterdam, and Dublin. But don't forget to explore everything London has to offer! All in all, I had an amazing experience, I made friends I will cherish throughout the years to come, and I hope everyone can have as an amazing experience as I did.

While I enjoyed the program, I actually wish it was a little longer. While I could have stayed after the program, it just felt a little short.

Marialyse
New London, Connecticut
Connecticut College

A day in the life of an IES Abroad Student

On a school day, I would get up, try not to wake my roommate while getting ready for class, and walk down the street to the the cafe for a delicious pastry and hot chocolate. As I walked to the bus stop I would always admire the morning light on King's Cross. A 30 minute drive to the IES center on the double decker bus is great for people watching and seeing the city come to life. Getting off the bus, looking right and not left to cross the street, the center blends into the surroundings on Bloomsbury. You buzz into the center and Simon and Vanessza welcome you with bright smiles every time. As you walk up the stairs Albus Dumbledore gives you some education tips. The classrooms are small but cozy, and make the two and a half hour classes not as painful. The teachers, not Professors but teachers, insist you call them by their first name and constantly engage you throughout the lesson with their humor and fascinating experiences in their topics. The day is like a throwback to High School when you're in class all day, but you want to be there and you want to learn.

The housing apartments are a bit small, but that's just how British architecture is!

Hannah
New Jersey

The Little Things

Running in Hyde Park on a Sunday morning was one of my favorite memories of London. I threw on my running sneaks, hopped on the Piccadilly line and ran for 5 miles around the park while still seeing historic monuments, like the Albert Memorial. It's really the little things that make abroad more memorable.

Like a true student, I wish the classes were less demanding. Contrary to popular belief, my abroad semester was one of the hardest semesters (school wise) for me. Also, not having a spring break really takes a toll, but IES is implementing a full week off for the next year.

MaryAnna
Schenectady, NY
University of Rochester

Study Abroad London 2015

I was so blessed to study abroad in London for a semester. The experience challenged me as a person in a broad range of areas: socially, academically, and vocationally. Socially, I loved meeting new international friends outside the program in my student dorm, the local gospel choir, my sister's church, a London faith-based group, and just strangers I'd run into on the street and Tube! Academically, the classes were brilliant and allowed me to study subjects--such as art, architecture, and marketing-- that I didn't have the time to take back at my home university. Vocationally, my eyes were opened to the numerous homeless people living in London, and my interactions and conversations with them has deepened my desire to work with that demographic in the future. Overall, London became my second home and I'm so thankful for IES allowing me the privilege of studying abroad and growing as a person because of the places and people I knew there.

sd.akd.
Bloomington, Indiana

Study London

I studied abroad in London during the fall of 2014. I lived right by King's Cross Station and my classes were held in Bloomsbury at IES London building. It was an easy walk to calss and the train station was close by to the dorm which was nice for travel. I absolutely loved my time abroad meeting new people and traveling to new places. I love seeing the friends I made while in London back here at my campus in the US. IES classes overall were interesting and I was very easily able to manage my time between school work, exploring London, and traveling to other locations. Overall, studying abroad in London with IES was an extremely rewarding experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I made amazing friends, learned alot about the world & myself, and can't wait to go back to visit London in the future.

If I could change one thing, although I loved that my dorm was near King's Cross Station, I think that housing in another part of London would be more fun as a student abroad.

Ruby
Loyola University Chicago

From Chicago to London

After having the opportunity of a lifetime to study for a semester in London, I have nothing but appreciation and happiness when I think about my time there. Through IES Abroad, I was able to have 3 months of pure bliss in London. IES helped us not only accommodate to our new world, but helped us every step along the way. I have eternal gratitude for IES for facilitating a safe and life changing experience. I would recommend IES Abroad without hesitation for anyone wishing to study abroad.

Michael
Aurora, Il

London Town

As overwhelmingly massive the city of London could be, I had never found myself so connected to the people in the city. From your very arrival, the IES London staff is hyper accommodating to get you settled in as quickly as possible. From there, the city was mine to explore for four months. I would constantly explore different districts and be fascinated by the astonishing street art in Shoreditch or the array of delicious food in Camden Lock. I would pleasantly interact with different people every single day and even recognize locals as they explore their own city. It’s a little easier to make friends in London it seemed. Maybe its because I could ask the staff exactly what suited my interests and they’d lead me in the right places, or maybe it’s because it seems everyone looks into your eyes in London, something I found hard to come by on my way home through Miami International airport. The city is full of charm, excitement, art, and beauty giving the sense that everyone is welcome. The public transportation alone makes you feel like you can travel the world instantly. Besides the sheer enjoyment of everyday life in London and all of the wonders it has to give to its residences, the IES program and time abroad is an incredibly fulfilling learning experience. The teachers hired by this program are brilliant professors and really make you reflect on your own thoughts and desires to ultimately help you grow. Sometimes it’s hard to grow when everyone around doesn’t seem familiar or perhaps, doesn’t know you. But the independence that you develop and is required to capture the most out of London comes quick and with many friends along the way. The people I’ve met, the places I’ve seen, the spontaneity of my life at the time helped shape one of the most positive experiences of my life. For the hundreds of friends I met along the way, I know it did for them to.

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student should have the opportunity to