CEA Study Abroad in London, England

Santorini
Stonehenge, England
Stonehenge, England
London, England

If you’re looking for a cosmopolitan experience filled with art, music, fashion, and food, London is the place for you! You can see it all with London’s 24-hour transportation system. Stop by different cultural centers for a taste of other destinations, or visit the legendary London Eye or Sky Garden for incredible views!

Study at CEA’s centrally located London Center or at one of our partner institutions, Goldsmiths College, University of Westminster, or London South Bank University. Whatever you choose, London will become your classroom. CEA includes relevant activities that complement course offerings and help you gain knowledge through visiting landmarks, honoring cultural traditions, attending performances, and interacting with locals.

Interested? Click the “Visit Site” button to learn what’s waiting for you!

• Hands-on learning experiences that transform the world abroad into a classroom
  • Personalized Pre-Departure Advising, including visa and immigration support
  • Courses offered in English that fulfill major and general graduation requirements
  • Comprehensive on-site support, including 24/7 emergency phone
  • Career workshops, Internships Abroad, and Alumni Ambassador positions

CEA Scholarships
CEA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Studying abroad will change your life, improve your employability, and enhance your global competence. That's why we commit more than $2.0 million each year to our financial and scholarship programs.

$400 - $3,000

There is no minimum or maximum but most people will be between 18 and 22 while studying abroad

Angela

Life Changing Experience

Going into the program I was nervous as I had never done anything like this before but once I arrived I quickly became comfortable. The staff become like parents and are there when you have any questions about the area or ideas of what to do around the area.Going into the program I had anxiety about being that far away from home but felt very welcomed by the staff and other people in the program. I wish I could go back and be a little less nervous and do more but I got to experience everything I wanted to while in London.

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Angela, thank you for your review! We are glad to hear your anxiousness dissipated once you got settled in London -- it’s definitely time to plan a trip back soon! We are glad your experience with CEA was a positive and memorable one, and be sure to stop by and say hello the next time you find yourself in London!

Lauren

Loving London

This program was all I could have asked for and more. The staff at CEA were absolutely amazing. I came on this program not knowing anyone, and never once felt alone. Cassandra was amazing, so approachable, personable and I really felt like she was there to make my experience the best that it could possibly be. There was a safety incident while I was in London, and the staff checked in immediately and made us check in to know we were all safe. Additionally, every week, we had to alert Cassandra of our weekend plans so that she was aware for safety purposes. She played an integral part in making a new, foreign city feel like home. There were also tons of fun activities planned, like seeing a West End Show, having afternoon tea, and a weekend trip to Wales. I would recommend CEA to anyone who's considering it.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Honestly, making friends was the biggest fear I had before coming here. As soon as I got to the airport, there were other people on the program and I began talking to them immediately. Putting myself out there socially was an imperative step to having a great time, and I'm so glad that I did because one of the girls that I met that day became one of my best friends, not only on the program, but for life.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful review, Lauren! Your kind words about the CEA London program and staff echo the same sentiments of so many other alumni. And we are so proud of all your great work as a MOJO Blogger this semester! Your review will help guide future CEA students when researching their own study abroad programs. Be sure to stop by and say hello the next time you find yourself in London, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

A

CEA Experience!

Studying abroad in London was one of the best experiences of my life. The CEA team was very helpful while I was there in planning activities to explore London's culture and lifestyle, planning trips, and providing guidance along the way. The excursions were one of my favorite parts about studying in London, especially being able to see as West End show, going to Wales and seeing Hampton Court. Cassandra was an absolute wonder to be with. She was always willing to help in whatever needed. The only problem I encountered was arranging classes while I was there since LSBU's schedule had changed. However, in the end, it all worked out. I also got to meet a lot of new people, through CEA and locals, which was amazing because I made many new friends! London truly did become my home even if it was for a short time!

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you for your review! We’re thrilled to hear that your time in London with CEA tops the favorites list for you, and that you made lifelong connections and made a new home-away-from-home overseas! We hope you’ll stop by and say hello the next time you find yourself in London, and we wish you all the best!

Michelle

Lovely London

CEA London was challenging, incredibly beautiful, and the trip of a lifetime. London was the perfect destination for me considering my criminal justice major. The city is the birthplace of everything that makes the criminal justice system was founded from. London is also a hotpot of cultures ready to push me out of my small town comfort zone.

The CEA staff in London were always accommodating, truly listened, and cared for us while we were there. I can't believe what they had on their plate. It all seemed effortless from our end. We witnessed the hiccups they had to deal with and accommodate, through no fault of their own, with ease.

I was placed in a huge flat with four other girls in a two bedroom/two bathroom. Our placement was providential! I was in a room with Megan and we got along famously. Along with the three girls in the other room we had almost NO snags when it came to getting along. We often did things together and remained connected afterward.

I cannot say enough how the excursions included really rounded out the study abroad experience. Musicals in Piccadilly Circus, Jack the Ripper walk, boat tours, grand skyscraper views, museum tours, and more! This freed my time to try and make real connections with the community in London. I didn't have to worry I may be missing out on tourist destinations. I made real connections with Londoners that will last a lifetime. Even though the culture of the area can be standoffish once you break through their shyness it is rewarding.

The academics through CEA were intellectually invigorating. The teachers were top notch. The outings included within those courses were also very stimulating culturally as well as intellectually.

The only uncertain moments were before leaving for London. I wasn't sure of who I would be with, where I would be living, or whether courses I signed up for would be changed (more on the LSBU side than CEA). More predepature information before leaving would ease minds. This information was given before I left but it was almost directly before. I wanted to be extra cautious and premap out routes to better understand how much bus fair and such would be. Where I would buy things.. etc. Just extra assurance.
Response from CEA Study Abroad

Thank you Michelle for the thorough review of the CEA London program. We are pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your study abroad experience and are grateful you’ve shared areas where it can improve.

Tom

CEA London Review: Best Decision I've Ever Made

This past semester has been the best four months of my life. From the the academics to excursions, CEA really hit it out of the park. First, the application process was quick and painless. The domestic staff did a fantastic job of checking up on you and sending you reminders. Second, the on-site staff were both friendly and supportive throughout the semester. Cassandra (the program director) is so great. When I first arrived, she explained how to navigate the tube/public transit, where to buy food, and where to get bedding; which gave me a good amount of confidence in navigating a new city. In addition, there were a lot of activities throughout the week to keep us engaged. Overall, if you're looking to study abroad, there is no better option than CEA.

Response from CEA Study Abroad

“Best Decision I’ve Ever Made”; what an honor! Thank you for the raving review, Tom.

Sam

Spring Semester in London

I absolutely loved my time abroad with CEA. Cassandra was so amazing and made everyone feel so comfortable. I went without knowing anyone so it was extremely comforting to know that I always had someone just a call away. London was the perfect place to study abroad and the CEA location kept us right in the center of the city so it was extremely easy to get anywhere! Going abroad with CEA also introduced me to so many people; I made great friends through the program and they still are some of my best friends.

The events and trips that are included in the program are very worthwhile. While I was there we did a weekend trip to York, a West End night where we saw Phantom of the Opera, a bus tour around the city, a scavenger hunt, a walking tour of Soho, a day trip to Stonehenge and Bath, a day trip to Oxford, and more! They are all things that should be taken advantage of and most of the program goes on them which is really fun!

Response from CEA Study Abroad

Sam, we are happy to hear you took full advantage of all that CEA London has to offer. Thank you for sharing a recap and photos of the experience.

Hannah

Summer Abroad

Studying abroad with CEA was the best experience of my life, and I can say without a doubt that London is the most exciting city in the world. There's always so much going on, it's impossible to be bored! I also got to visit other countries because travel in Europe is so easily accessible. Not only was getting to see London amazing, but CEA was incredibly supportive. They had staff to assist you every step of the way, whether it was through applying, getting accepted, preparation for your trip, or while you were there. Would absolutely recommend studying with them.

Katie

CEA London Review - Best Semester Yet!

Studying with CEA in London, made the journey to go abroad so easy and fun! From great housing and school in central London, they provide activities through the week and weekends to help you learn more about the culture while having fun. The program staff are so friendly and helpful making the transition so smooth, they are ready to help you from the moment you arrive at the airport until the day you leave. I made lasting friendships and memories I will always cherish for the rest of my life.

Celia

Semester Abroad

I had an amazing experience with CEA London. Cassandra was such an amazing program director. She would drop anything she was doing if a student needed something. She really went above and beyond her job description. I really enjoyed the trips and activities that CEA had planned for us, they were nicely spread out and really got us out into the community and country. Overall, I really enjoyed this program and would come back and do it again if I could.

The process before the program started was a bit confusing with the visa application and stuff like that. That could be improved.
Miya

CEA is Great!!

Cassandra has done such an incredible job at making students feel like they have a family and support system abroad! She's such an amazing person and she's enhanced my experience in London ten-fold! If you're going to go to London, pick CEA, they'll take good care of you! They make it so easy to feel comfortable in a new environment, if it wasn't for CEA showing me tons of new things, I wouldn't have had such an amazing experience!

Paige

A wonderful experience abroad!

Going to London through CEA was one the best decisions I've ever made! It was surely an adjustment - but the on site staff were so friendly and knowledgeable - it made it very easy to adapt.

CEA took us to lots of places around the host country we stayed in (London, England). We went to Stonehenge & Bath, Oxford, York and even more local tours! The best part about these trips and tours was going places I wouldn't normally have gone myself & learning about all the history that comes with it.

Samantha

CEA London Review

The CEA London program was the best experience of my life. Because I was the last person to show up at the airport on the arrival day of the program, and travelled abroad alone, knowing no one, I was very nervous. Once I showed up at the meeting point, Cassandra and Danielle took me to my dorm personally, since I was the last one to arrive. Although I was nervous, Cassandra and Danielle were the most welcoming and comforting people I have met. They are easily the best people to run the program, and made me feel beyond comfortable abroad. They have created a home for me abroad, and made my experience the best possible. Additionally, CEA provides extra events, like scavenger hunts and trips throughout England, that offer a great way to see different areas and meet people in your program. CEA has been such a great experience, and I am so glad I decided to study abroad through CEA.

Better college pairing. I did not like University of Westminster at all, due to faculty.
Thomas

A time thats never forgotten.

The time i spent studying abroad is some of the best memories that i have. There is not a day that goes by that i do not wish that i was still there. Cassandra is the best! She always went above and beyond what i could have ever expected out of our host. The people you meet, the places you see and the experiences you have will change you forever. Do yourself a favor and stop thinking about it and do it now. You won't regret it.

Cant think of a way it could be
Serena

Studying Abroad with CEA London

I studied abroad with CEA London last Spring semester (2015). From the minute I submitted my application, CEA's staff was welcoming and helpful. Cassandra Peacock was my program coordinator and she made every day with CEA a new adventure. I loved all of the organized trips and fun activities we did around the city. Through CEA I was able to acclimate to the London way of life and see so many different aspects of the culture. Not only did CEA make my time abroad special, but the relationship continued after I left. The friendships I made with my roommate and other program members are still going strong. Plus, when I emailed Cassandra a year later for assistance with a project back at my home university, she immediately said yes. The care and support I've received from the CEA staff really made my time abroad (and after) extremely special.

Carolina

London,England

I studied at Goldsmiths University in London, England. The University was very unique with students all over the world in my classes. I would describe the University as very artsy and unique. My professors were quite brilliant, the campus was beautiful, and London was incredible. Studying abroad in England was the best decision I ever made. You meet people from all over the world, learn about different cultures, and make incredible memories. The education over there is top notch and the people are very kind. I traveled to nine different countries while studying abroad and I do not regret studying in London because it became my favorite city.