- United States of America
- New York
View Other Details
Study with the pioneer of art business studies and experience our Master’s degrees in London and New York City, which combine cultural stewardship with art market leadership.
Originally conceived by Sotheby’s auction house in 1969, Sotheby’s Institute has been at the forefront of educating arts professionals – and future art world leaders – for fifty years. The Institute now has more than 8,000 alumni around the globe who hold top positions in all facets of the international art world.
All of the Master’s programs on our campuses in London and New York provide an in-depth study of today’s art world and a powerful set of professional skills to deploy in the market. Core curricula bring students from all program areas together for a common introduction to current issues in the art world, discussing its structures, organizations, and essential protocols.
- First-hand encounters with artwork, exhibition spaces, and the people who run them are an integral part of the learning experience and a key aspect of the program.
- Internships at prestigious art organizations can also form an essential part of this unique, participatory learning environment.
- Now accepting applications for Fall 2022 entry.
- The London Institute is located in Bedford Square, with the University of London and the British Museum in the neighboring square.
- Located in the center of Manhattan, the Institute’s New York campus offers easy access to the city’s extraordinary cultural and historical resources.