Study Abroad in Cannes, France: Semester or Academic Year

Spend a semester or academic year in Cannes, France with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 18 credits per semester through courses at the Campus International de Cannes. Courses are taught in English or French with no previous French language study required.

There are many volunteer and non-credit internship opportunities in Cannes. For spring semester students, a Cannes Film Festival Internship is also available. Participating students receive a ‘Cannes cinephile’ pass which grants admission to films in various theaters during the Film Festival.

Cultural and social activities include:
• Cannes city tour
• Wine and cheese tasting
• Theater tickets to the opera, ballet and musicals
• 4-day trip to Paris
• 2-day trip to Provence
• Day and afternoon trips to Antibes and the Picasso Museum, Grasse, Île Sainte Marguerite, Monaco and St. Tropez.
An optional 3-day excursion to Florence, Italy is available.

• Earn up to 18 credits and transcript issued by Campus International de Cannes
  • Day trips to Monaco and St. Tropez
  • French wine and cheese tasting
  • 4-day trip to Paris and 2-day trip to Provence
  • Cannes Film Festival Internship available for Spring students

• 9-10 rating 93.75%
  • 7-8 rating 6.25%
Casey

Amazing

This experience was one of the best ones in my entire life. This program met all of my study abroad expectations. The location itself was perfect, Cannes is absolutely amazing. The campus provided dorms for its students with all accommodations needed. The campus is located right next to the beach, which was a huge plus. The campus is an international campus, meaning there are students from all over the world staying there. One of the best parts of the program was the residential director, Sandrine. She helped us adjust to life in France, and provided us with many unique opportunities. We went on several amazing excursions that allowed us to practice our French with French natives. These excursions also allowed us to enrich our knowledge of French culture. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to study abroad in France.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Speaking French to French people was at first very nerve-wracking. I managed to overcome it by practicing as much as I possibly could. The teachers on campus, as well as my director also helped me strengthen my language skills.
Emma

AIFS: Cannes, France

This was such an incredible and enriching learning experience. Everyone in the program was by my side helping me succeed in my academics, as well as helping me learn about and see the world. I loved my teachers; the staff; our director, Sandrine; the school; the locals; everyone that I came into contact with. I feel very grateful that I was able to enroll in this program because it allowed me to see more of France through the different excursions, while still being able to have my own travel and keep up with my studies.

Ask questions, talk to everyone, have fun, go see what you want to see, and make sure you say yes to every experience that comes your way.
Ian

Excellent Study Abroad Program thanks to AIFS

I wasn't quite sure what to think before studying abroad, about how I would fit in or enjoy an overseas country by myself. I have spent a number of years living abroad with my family prior. However, to use a cliche expression, Cannes was literally a life-changing experience for me. The classes and professors were amazing at teaching French, the students I met from around the world were fun to meet and share stories with, and the friends I made are some of my best friends till this day a year later. The food is great in France, most of it came from a grocery store a mile down the road that I fell in love with, but the cafeteria was a fun experience too. Housing in the dorms was incredible, you got to meet and become great friends with all the students there from all over the world, and my room even had a view of the Mediterranean, not to mention its only a 100 foot walk to the beach.

In addition, I'd like to give special thanks to AIFS and the program director Sandrine who was there and showed us around both the incredible town of Cannes, and on all our excursions, which were better than I could have hoped for by miles. I got to see huge portions of southern France, experience the food, learn the language and converse with people from all over the world, relax, party, study, explore, and really discover myself and what I wanted to do with the rest of college and afterwards. I am now onto the Peace Corps to keep travelling as much as I can! Thanks AIFS!

I could do it again.
Lyndi

2-Week Intensive French Program - Awesome!

I participated in the 2-week intensive French Language program offered to AIFS students. I really enjoyed the program.

The classes were somewhat challenging at times, and those in the higher levels (like myself) were mixed with foreign students instead of just Americans - loved that!

The dorm we stayed in was very clean and was great to meet up with friends and plan trips. You could also meet in the campus cafe which was pretty cool too!

The location was AMAZING! You're right by the beach and not too far of a walk into the downtown area! Also you can take the train to lots of local cities like Grasse, St. Marguerite island, Antibes, Nice, Monaco and even Italy isn't very far! I took LOTS of day trips that way and did so cheaply!! It was such a great experience.

The cafeteria food was pretty good and always buffet style (with baguette of course!).

The teachers were helpful, friendly (for the French) but still professional. Very nice though.

There were 2 excursions offered for a small additional fee - worth it! The locations change each term based on prices and availability but we went to Aix-en-Provence for a day trip and it was very cool. They also sometimes offer Marseille.

I would definitely recommend this program and would have loved to have stayed longer.

The one down side would be it is a smaller town...therefore there's not a whole lot of things to do in January but the restaurants, beach, friendships and I'm sure the nightlife in the warmer seasons make up for it!

The wifi on campus wasn't the best and rather spotty.
Margaret

Cannot Recommend Highly Enough

An amazing experience. Living on the beach, staying at a small school with students from all over the world, and taking rigorous but fun academic courses. I became very close with many of the people in my AIFs group- they are my best friends to this day. Cannes is a fantastic and charming town, and working at the Film Festival was an unforgettable experience. the support staff from AIFS could not be more helpful. I would recommend absolutely anyone to participate in this program- I wish I could do it all over again!

Carrina

The best experience of my college career!

Honestly, I didn't compare many study abroad programs when I was choosing which program I wanted to go through. When I saw that I could attend the Cannes Film Festival, I knew that's the program I wanted. It was everything I wanted it to be! I was able to travel to several different places in France through AIFS and to a few other countries on my own during breaks. Sandrine and Aude, the AIFS staff that work at the college, are always there to answer any questions about anything regarding study abroad, traveling, or just general French questions! The Cannes Film Festival was really exciting, and although it is tiring, you can get a lot out of the festival if you put in the time with the resources you are given by the program. Cannes is a fairly small town when the festival isn't going on, and although I didn't believe this would happen, I found myself annoyed by all the tourists that came during the festival (which was at the end of the four months I was there). I really felt that Cannes was my town. It was easy to learn where everything was once you go out and explore, and the school is within walking distance from the beach! I also thought that all of the teachers were nice and that I learned a lot in my classes. It was a great experience in every way!

The Collège International de Cannes admits students from all over the world at all different levels of French, and unfortunately, this usually means that English is more of a common language then French between different nationalities. I found that English was spoken more often than French on campus, and I wish it would have been the other way around. Even when I would go out in town, sometimes the store owners and other people I would encounter would speak English with me. This is usually done out of politeness, and if you make the effort to speak French with everyone, you can get the practice you want!
Clay

Great Place to Live

The staff at Cannes fosters an environment of personal development. Not especially academic, this program allows for a lot of travel and opportunities to form friendships. While I won't remember a lot of the French I learned, I will remember the memories.

Clearer options about the meal plan.
Kirstyn

An amazing experience in Cannes with AIFS!

The 6 weeks I spent in Cannes, France were beyond amazing. With the school situated literally across the street from the Mediterranean Sea (I could see it from my bedroom!), almost every day after class was spent at the beach. The opportunity to meet others from all around the world who were in my class was amazing, and the teachers were tough but I learned a lot! I loved all of the excursions we could take part in and Sandrine, the AIFS program director there was soo helpful! There was a doctor on site at the school so when a lot of us got sick it was nice to have, and a pharmacy was right across the street. We were close to le suquet, the coolest part of town and a few more minutes away from all the shopping and restaurants you could think of. You seriously can't go wrong with studying in Cannes!

The food at the school wasn't that great, but it was nice to be provided 3 meals a day! You can choose to not attend however, if you want to grab lunch or dinner elsewhere.