ISA Study Abroad in Paris, France

ISA Study Abroad in Paris, France

Paris, France needs little introduction. The City of Light attracts people from all over the world for so many reasons. The culture, food, music, people...everything has appeal. ISA offers the chance to study in this renowned destination at the Catholic University of Paris, The American Business School Paris, or The Sorbonne - Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne. During the summer, students can also opt to study fine arts with ISA-Paris using the city as the classroom.

ISA takes care to ensure that every student can have the most unforgettable experience as possible. With possible excursions to Belgium, Aix-en-Provence/Cassis, the Loire Valley, and more, there is plenty of excitement during this trip abroad. Check out the ISA website today and see what it's all about!

Europe » France » Paris

Chelsea
Mankato, Minnesota
Minnesota State University- Mankato

Magical

One of my greatest memories of my time abroad was the first time I watched the Eiffel Tower at night. It's truly spectacular and something I think everyone needs to experience. My roommate and I along with a couple friends packed up a blanket, some cheese and crackers and headed on over. When we got there we bought a few bottles of wine and set up camp. There were tons of other locals and tourist around with music going and lots of chattering. It was a super fun scene where we met a lot of other amazing people. When it started sparkling it literally took my breath away. People started cheering and taking photos. It was a moment of awe that I was truly blessed to experience.

I really loved this program. I think they did an amazing job with the excursions and other activities we could sign up for. The only thing I would change was that our bonus getaway or surprise getaway near the end was to the same region we had already been to. It would have been a more desired trip if it was to somewhere completely new.

Diana
Thousand Oaks, California
California Lutheran University

La Belle Vie

Going to Paris is something I can now cross off on my bucket list and because of it, there have been so many other countries that I have added and crossed off as well. Studying abroad has made me the adventurer I am today that I did not think I was yesterday. My experience is something I would not change for the world, I'd actually love to replay it.

With regards to the program: I am definitely a planner and having ISA plan out everything perfectly, allowed me to just do the things I wanted to do! My favorite part of ISA (well, besides AnnaMaria and the rest of the staff) were the cultural exchanges and excursions. ISA made these trips a reality that I do not know if I would have done them on my own. The cultural exchanges allowed me to have a true cultural experience and meet some of the best people I know.
I learned a lot from the excursions and some were the most fun I had abroad.
Who can say they toured the most beautiful churches? Took a french pastry class? Who can say they have French best friends who travel the world together..... I can. All thanks to ISA.

Having the cultural exchanges be outside to make them less forced and more

ashleyhoppes
Huntington Beach
California Baptist University

J'adore Paris!

I absolutely loved my experience with isa! It was the most life-changing experience I’ve ever had and I wouldn’t trade my experience for the world: the good, the bad, and the ugly. From day 1 of applying to isa, the Austin staff was extremely helpful and supportive of making sure I got all the right paperwork done and my visa was processed correctly! In fact, I actually ended up missing a form the day before my embassy interview and isa overnighted it to me so that I wouldn’t have to miss my appointment. The great thing about studying abroad with a provider like isa is that they take care of the logistics for you. I got on my plane to Paris knowing that someone had set up my housing, someone was going to pick me up at the airport, I was registered for classes, etc. The on-site staff was really helpful and supportive with some health care issues I had too which I really appreciated since my French was not very good!

Paris is a beautiful city and while many say they fall in love in Paris, I would say I fell in love with Paris! There’s nothing like an afternoon stroll along the seine, eating a crepe at Trocadero while gazing at the Eiffel Tower, spending long afternoons at sidewalk cafes, or getting your bread fresh every morning. Paris is also a fantastic city to study abroad in because it is so close to other amazing cities in Europe. During my study abroad experience I visited 6 other countries and countless cities. The relatively cheap and easy travel is one of the huge perks of being in continental Europe.

Studying abroad really teaches you to be independent, learn a new language and culture, adapt to countless circumstances, and discover who you are. It takes a leap of faith to be willing to leave everything behind and step into the unknown, but I promise it is a decision you will never regret! Now what are you waiting for? Go Study Abroad!!!

Mark
New Jersey
Ramapo College of New Jersey

I can't wait to go back

ISA was incredible. Both their staff and their prearranged excursions made my experience abroad truly unforgettable. Classes were based on placement tests which made them both challenging and rewarding. The professors really encouraged you to speak the language at all times which really made the experience all the more authentic on the streets of Paris. The classes were manageable and left plenty of time for exploring the city and traveling. The ISA staff were diverse and full of knowledge. They were easy to talk to and made the transition that much easier. The weekend trips around France were full of culture and awesome food. An even mix of history and downtime to wander and relax always made me look forward to the next trip!

The program was a bit much for a summer abroad. I am sure it was possible to find a cheaper program, but for me it was all about convenience. Studying abroad can be really stressful and the small things that ISA does makes a huge difference. Just knowing that there was always a team of people ready to help me not too far from my housing made me feel more comfortable. Of course its my personal opinion, but the cost is totally worth it and I would easily do it again.

Sarah
Toledo, Ohio
University of Toledo

Best Decision Ever

Out of all the life decisions I've made thus far, studying abroad in Paris was the best. Being in Paris made me feel like a whole new person. I got to learn about myself, meet new people, and live in a city which I've always dreamt of. To say my experiences was amazing would be an understatement. To top things off the ISA staff in Paris were very friendly, young and a lot of fun. They were very helpful and gave us really great suggestions on where to go and what to eat. They became my second family. I am very grateful for this experience and would strongly recommend everyone to study abroad.

To be honest, I truly found the program to be amazingly perfect. If i had to change one thing it would probably be the number of courses offered at the university I attended. Though they had a lot of nice classes I feel as though they could have offered a few more in various fields.

Anonymous
Aix-en-Provence, France
University of California- Los Angeles

Not a Great Choice

I felt compelled to write this review because I am now studying with another program in France currently, and have been amazed how it has already far exceeded everything ISA ever did for me. The ISA staff in Paris were generally cold, rude, and constantly trying to sell us things. Extremely unhelpful in providing useful advice and tips on local information, or organizing trips and events INCLUDED in the already hefty price. Placement into our classes was very poorly done, and the options for classes were non-existent. My host mom was clearly doing the gig for the money, did not even know who ISA was, and would regularly scream at our neighbors during the night. I would very much urge those considering study abroad to consider the price you pay, and search for another program that can offer you more.

Anonymous
paris, france

Not Recommended

One of the worst programs I have ever been through. I'm not sure what is worse: the lack of communication and willingness to help you in necessary situations, or their horrible fake persona. They are scammers. They care more about the money in this situation than helping you out in a foreign country. Say they offer you advice, but never make you feel at home. Not recommended. Half of the staff are cold individuals who don't seem to care about your well being and overall happiness.

Response from ISA (International Studies Abroad)

We appreciate the comments this student has shared. Since 1987, ISA has worked with students to help them make the best of each study abroad experience. We realize that each students experience will be different, however, it's regrettable that this student did not entirely enjoy their program. Although we understand that we may not have met the expectations of this student, ISA can only benefit and act upon from the feedback we receive from our students. ISA takes pride in the thousands of students that have been pleased with their study abroad experience. ISA's staff both domestic and abroad strive to establish meaningful programs and positive experiences for all of our students. We will use the constructive feedback from this student to continue to improve our programs

monica_ohlala
Gainesville, FL
University of Florida

ISA Paris was a Dream Come True

Studying in Paris with ISA was an AMAZING experience. I got to live out my dream of living in and exploring the beautiful city of Paris.

All of the information supplied by ISA before departure and upon arriving in France was so helpful and helped prevent serious culture shock and stress. The staff is so incredibly helpful about any questions/issues you may have. They plan excursions in the city and outside of Paris for you, so you get to explore a little more without any extra effort. That's also a really good and easy way to meet other people in the program.

The French course at the Catholic University was somewhat challenging and really forced me to speak up and use my French which turned out to be a really good thing as I gained more confidence to go out and speak to the natives. Workload was not bad at all though, so I never felt swamped with school work and could go out after class without stressing. I took Art History with ISA, and that was incredible. We went to many museums and sites in the city, and I learned a ton. No classroom time at all, which was great.

I met so many awesome people through the program, and my host family was fantastic. I am so grateful to ISA for giving me this great experience. If you are considering this program, go for it!

The process for French level placement is definitely flawed, but this is not ISA. It's an issue with the Catholic University of Paris. Many people did not feel like they were placed in the right class even after a written and oral exam, and this was the case with me, but I was able to change after the first week into a class that was perfect for me.

Amber
Austin, Texas
Brewton-Parker College

Paris, the Best Time of My Life

International Studies Abroad does a wonderful job with every aspect of your study abroad experience. I was very surprised with how helpful they are. Not only are the staff in your study abroad country, but the staff in the Austin headquarters are always available and eager to help.

The program does a great job with placing students in excellent homes. I absolutely adore my host mother. She only speaks French but she is works with me on the language barrier is very manageable. She is also a wonderful cook. I also get along really well with my ISA roommate. ISA really takes into consideration what your profile says.

ISA does a great job with working with the Universities in France. I go to the Catholic University in Paris and I have had no problems.The academics are enough of a challenge but I do not feel like I am drowning in work either.

Now, to the important stuff; excursions. ISA makes sure you have a good time. I have gone to Normandy, Mont Saint Michele, an apple cider house, a football(soccer) game, Versailles and the Opera! We still have a trip to the Loire Valley next week. On top of all that I am living in Paris and have ample opportunities for fun. ISA gave each of us a pass to the Louvre and I am able to get in for free any time I want.

The best part of ISA is that I have never felt alone. Everyone experiences home-sickness but I always know there will be someone to talk to. If anything happens to me I have full faith in ISA.I know that they have my best interest at heart.

As a leader in international education for over twenty-five years, ISA is dedicated to providing university level students with the opportunity to discover, learn, and enjoy a way of life other than their own. ISA offers a diverse portfolio of education abroad programs across Africa,