UCEAP: University of Lyon Language & Culture Abroad

Study abroad through the University of California in an Education Abroad Program (UC EAP) in Lyon, France! The University of Lyon is one of the most respected institutes in France, and offers a few programs for international students. Take the French Language and Culture program with other UC students, and improve writing and speaking French, while getting a background in the culture.

Also offered is the chance to take regular university courses in French. These may be daunting, but being in France, taking a language course and being immersed in the culture will greatly improve your skills and allow this chance to be within your grasp. Courses are offered in this program at Université Lumière Lyon 2 and Sciences Po, both of which are in the center of Lyon. Check out the UC website today!

awittels

The Mini and More Magical Paris of France

Lyon is small enough to not feel lost, but large enough that there is never-ending city life and student life. The metro/tram/bus system is incredible and everything is easily and quickly accessible. The French are welcoming (unlike my experiences in Paris) and usually speak French to you, which is great because when you are abroad you hope that they want you to speak their language and they help you to learn! I know that finding housing was difficult for many, but I found a host family from the advertisements the advisor sent me before I came here and I could not be happier. Sciences Po was difficult but interesting, and students were ALWAYS open to helping me out and letting me see their notes. This experience is unforgettable and I highly recommend it. The city is also easily accessible to Italy, South of France, Paris, the sea, the mountains, and the rest of Europe, as it is a center for travel by train and by plane. I highly recommend it to anyone!!!

About UC Education Abroad Programs (UCEAP)

UCEAP has sent over 13,000 students abroad to study or intern, creating a community of globally informed students and alumni. Plenty of options are available such as countries like Japan, Portugal, and many others!