Spend a semester or academic year in Berlin, Germany with AIFS. You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through studying at Freie Universität, Berlin. Courses are offered in English and in German.
Volunteering is a great way to give back to the local community. If you’re interested in volunteering in Berlin, information on volunteer opportunities will be available once you arrive.
Live in a homestay or a student apartment. Homestay students live in their own room and receive breakfast and dinner daily from their host family. Apartments are single or double occupancy and include a meal allowance. All students receive a Mensa card to subsidize the cost of on-campus dining.
Cultural and social activities include:
• Walking tours
• German cooking classes
• Visits to the many historical and cultural landmarks in Berlin
• Day trips to Potsdam, Quedlinburg and Dresden
• Week-long trip to a destination in Europe (to be determined just prior to the start of the semester).
- Week-Long European City Excursion
- Day trips to Potsdam, Quedlinburg and Dresden
- Earn up to 15 credits and transcript issued by Freie Universität Berlin
- Live in a homestay or student apartment
- Meal plan, transportation pass and museum pass included
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.