View Other Details
International Health Insurance
Experience the contemporary realities of a developing nation while exploring one of the most intellectually and culturally vibrant cities on the African continent. At NYU Accra, you can gain firsthand experience of the public health system of West Africa. Students have opportunities to conduct fieldwork and volunteer at a local hospital or healthcare institution. Local professors and visiting faculty from New York City ensure a rich learning experience through multidisciplinary courses like Environmental Health in a Global World and Health and Society in a Global Context. You can also enroll in up to two courses at the University of Ghana-Legon. The academic center is located in suburban Labone, a beautiful residential area in Accra. The gated center has A/C, classrooms, a computer lab, a film-editing suite, WiFi, lounges, and a patio where students relax and unwind. Opportunities vary based on local restrictions. Visit the NYU Accra website for the most up-to-date information.
- Benefit from NYU’s rigorous academic offerings with a special focus on Africana Studies, Global Public Health, and Urban/Metropolitan Studies.
- NYU Accra staff plans trips to places like the Cape Coast and Elmina, where the first European slave-trading post was established and Kumasi, the ancient capital of the Ashanti kingdom and current home to the royal family.
- For-credit and non-credit internships are available in fields like microfinance, public health, education, and the arts.
- Get involved through volunteer opportunities that include a trip to the Volta region and an overnight trip to a rural homestay.
- Students have the opportunity to enroll in courses at NYU's affiliated institution, the University of Ghana-Legon.