View Other Details
The fees, for this customizable program, can cover tuition, lodging, international airfare, airport transfers, orientations, excursions, service-learning placement and oversight and emergency medical/evacuation insurance. Work with IPSL's program director to create a program that suits your budget.
Passport; visa; vaccine fees; international airfare; additional meals not included in homestay or lodge; books; personal spending money; local personal transportation; local transportation to service site; local cell phone and independent travel.
Are you looking to explore the ancient and modern? Study and volunteer in Thessaloniki! There are so many choices (and reasons) to experience the IPSL Greece program. Learn about the Mediterranean diet & lifestyle or work with refugees and displaced persons, social activism, youth empowerment micro-enterprise and more. This program is a unique opportunity to get involved in hands-on learning in a part of the world that is at once ancient and modern, urban and rural.
"The opportunity I had to travel to Greece has only deepened my sense of curiosity about the world: a panoply of beautiful landscapes, architecture, languages, cuisines, and cultures all existing on the same planet floating in space together: get out and explore while you can! My sense as a global citizen has heightened, my sensitivity to cultural chauvinism sharpened, and my feelings of humanism enriched." IPSL alum Jake
Experience Greece like a local...not a tourist!
IPSL specializes in volunteer-based study abroad programming. All programs are credit-bearing and will provide an official transcript upon completion of the program.
On average, 15 HOURS per week will be spent volunteering in addition to 6-21 semester credits worth of course work. Our programs are small cohorts of dedicated, service-minded students who that receive individualized attention from our staff.
- Experience Greece like a local...not a tourist! Students live with a Greek family which enriches and deepens the experience. Make life-long friends, gain better language proficieny and get to know the culture from "the inside"!
- Volunteer Service that addresses real human needs! Volunteer with organizations that serve Refugees; support the homeless & at-risk youth; work with disadvantaged pre-school & primary school children; fight discrimination; and much more!
- Explore community organizing and social activism (COSA) with the goal of learning how to effectively translate these ideas & techniques into a concrete knowledge of social activism.
- IPSL is a Social Benefit Organization with over 83% of profits directly returned to the people, communities & NGOs they partner with abroad.
- Take IPSL's 'Mediterranean Diet & Lifestyle' course and enjoy Greece's amazing cuisine (& wines)!