View Other Details
The fees, for this customizable program, can cover tuition, lodging, international airfare, airport transfers, orientations, excursions, service-learning placement and oversight and emergency medical/evacuation insurance. Work with IPSL's program director to create a program that suits your budget.
Passport; visa; vaccine fees; international airfare; additional meals not included in homestay or lodge; books; personal spending money; local personal transportation; local transportation to service site; local cell phone and independent travel.
Are you looking to explore the ancient and modern cultural and social issues of this unique part of the world? Choose a spring, summer, or fall term in Thessaloniki studying and working with social activism, youth empowerment and micro-enterprise. Study, serve, and live in the vibrant city of Thessaloniki, Greece! There are so many choices (and reasons) to experience the IPSL Greece program. Learn about the Mediterranean diet & Lifestyle or Refugees: Migration & Resilience, and Micro-entrepreneurship.
"The opportunity I had to travel to Greece has only deepened my sense of curiosity about the world: a panoply of beautiful landscapes, architecture, languages, cuisines, and cultures all existing on the same planet floating in space together: get out and explore while you can! My sense as a global citizen has heightened, my sensitivity to cultural chauvinism sharpened, and my feelings of humanism enriched."
--Jake, IPSL alum
IPSL specializes in volunteer-based study abroad programming. All programs are credit-bearing and will provide an official transcript upon completion of the program.
On average, 15 HOURS per week will be spent volunteering in addition to 6-21 semester credits worth of course work. Our programs are small cohorts of dedicated, service-minded students who that receive individualized attention from our staff.
- Experience Greece like a local...not a tourist! Students live with a Greek family which enriches and deepens the experience. Make life-long friends, gain better language proficieny and get to know the culture from "the inside"!
- Volunteer Service that addresses real human needs! Volunteer with organizations that serve Refugees; support the homeless & at-risk youth; work with disadvantaged pre-school & primary school children; fight discrimination; and much more!
- Explore community organizing and social activism (COSA) with the goal of learning how to effectively translate these ideas & techniques into a concrete knowledge of social activism.
- IPSL is a Social Benefit Organization with over 83% of profits directly returned to the people, communities & NGOs they partner with abroad.
- Take IPSL's 'Mediterranean Diet & Lifestyle' course and enjoy Greece's amazing cuisine (& wines)!