• Iceland

Accommodation Some Activities Airfare Meals SIM cards Visa
Jan 24, 2022
Jan 09, 2015
3 travelers are looking at this program

Examine the physical processes of energy utilization as well as the economics and environmental impacts of energy use across diverse regions of Iceland.

Major topics of study include:

The geology beneath energy usage and the importance of its sustainable utilization
Hydro- and geothermal power; wind, solar, tidal, and biomass energy; alternative fuels; and resource economics and policy
Sustainable energy design and implementation within larger sociocultural, economic, and environmental contexts

SIT Robert Kantor Memorial Scholarship

Each year one student will be granted $10,000 in scholarship aid to study abroad with a SIT program. Funded by individual donors and foundations, the requirements are tight: seeking first-generation college students who've never traveled abroad before, currently attend an HBCU, and demonstrate strong financial need.

$10,000

Franny

An amazing experience!

We traveled around the country in this program, so I really felt like I had a good understanding of the people and cities in Iceland. I was very comfortable in all the towns we stayed in, but loved being in Reykjavik the most. It's the biggest city in Iceland but still has the feel of a small town. I made some great friends on this program, and loved the country so much I hope to live there at some point in my life.

I wish there had been some way to meet locals our own age in Reykjavik. I had so much fun with the people on our program, but felt like we were somewhat removed from the rest of the population there.