AIFS Study Abroad in Maynooth, Ireland: Summer Program

Spend your summer in the charming city of Maynooth, Ireland with AIFS! You’ll earn 6 credits through a variety of courses at Maynooth University. Courses are taught in English.
Live on-campus in a 4 or 5-bedroom apartment with a shared kitchen, bathroom and living room. You will receive breakfast Monday through Friday in the University cafeteria. A welcome dinner and some meals on excursions will also be included in your program fee.
To enjoy social and cultural activities in Maynooth, you can join a wide variety of extracurricular clubs and societies, participate in events in town, enjoy various tours around Ireland, and visit an Irish farm. Day trips to Dublin, Glendalough and Dun Laoghaire and Giant’s Causeway are also included in your program fee.
A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.

• Transcripts issued by Maynooth University
  • Day trip to Dublin
  • Day trip to Giant's Causeway

Julia

AIFS Maynooth, Ireland Summer Program

My four weeks abroad in Maynooth, Ireland was full of craic. Ireland is the most peaceful and serene country I have ever had the pleasure of visiting thanks to AIFS. My trip took place during the summer of 2014, which was the first year of this program. Despite the lack of experience, the staff did an excellent job of accommodating students and making sure that everyone was enjoying themselves. Every week, there were different cultural excursions that allowed students to integrate themselves into this country's way of life. Some of my favorites included hurling and Irish dancing lessons, and taking a trip to a Riverdance show. Every weekend, there were optional excursions to different parts of the country, which was probably my favorite part of the trip because it was an organized way to see so many areas that tourists are not familiar with while also getting to popular tourist attractions.
At first, I was a little nervous to go abroad by myself, but now I could not be happier with the fact that I went outside of my comfort zone because I made lasting friendships with people all over the world. Studying abroad is such a unique experience that the bonds you develop with others is special which makes it last. I still keep in touch with my friends from my trip!

Andrew

Laid back studying in the green hills of Ireland

Very laid back, friendly population that leads to a great experience. The staff and local population make adapting to the Irish lifestyle very easy. The people you meet and experiences abroad will change your life forever in a very positive way.

Better organization on weekend trips

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....