AIFS Study Abroad in Maynooth: Summer

Spend 4 weeks and earn up to 6 credits studying at Maynooth University, located on the doorstep of Dublin. Students choose two courses from a wide range of subjects including anthropology, international marketing, economics, history, conflict studies and more.

Live on campus in apartment-style housing. Enjoy day trips to Dublin, Glendalough, and Kilkenny, along with numerous cultural activities such as tours, traditional Irish music concerts, and events in Dublin.

Steeped in history, Ireland is a magical place to live and study. Maynooth’s location is also adjacent to the Irish ‘silicon valley,’ home to the European and International headquarters of many multi-national companies such as Facebook, Intel, HP, Google and Microsoft. The town itself is home to a vibrant and local community that features many shops, cafes, public transport options and general services.

Julia

AIFS Maynooth, Ireland Summer Program

My four weeks abroad in Maynooth, Ireland was full of craic. Ireland is the most peaceful and serene country I have ever had the pleasure of visiting thanks to AIFS. My trip took place during the summer of 2014, which was the first year of this program. Despite the lack of experience, the staff did an excellent job of accommodating students and making sure that everyone was enjoying themselves. Every week, there were different cultural excursions that allowed students to integrate themselves into this country's way of life. Some of my favorites included hurling and Irish dancing lessons, and taking a trip to a Riverdance show. Every weekend, there were optional excursions to different parts of the country, which was probably my favorite part of the trip because it was an organized way to see so many areas that tourists are not familiar with while also getting to popular tourist attractions.
At first, I was a little nervous to go abroad by myself, but now I could not be happier with the fact that I went outside of my comfort zone because I made lasting friendships with people all over the world. Studying abroad is such a unique experience that the bonds you develop with others is special which makes it last. I still keep in touch with my friends from my trip!

Andrew

Laid back studying in the green hills of Ireland

Very laid back, friendly population that leads to a great experience. The staff and local population make adapting to the Irish lifestyle very easy. The people you meet and experiences abroad will change your life forever in a very positive way.

Better organization on weekend trips

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....