Study Abroad in Maynooth, Ireland: Summer

AIFS Maynooth, Ireland

Spend your summer in the charming city of Maynooth, Ireland with AIFS! You’ll earn 6 credits through a variety of courses at Maynooth University. Courses are taught in English.

Live on-campus in a 4 or 5-bedroom apartment with a shared kitchen, bathroom and living room. You will receive breakfast Monday through Friday in the University cafeteria. A welcome dinner and some meals on excursions will also be included in your program fee.

Cultural and social activities include:
• A wide variety of extracurricular clubs and societies on campus
• Visit to an Irish farm
• Day trips to Dublin, Glendalough and Dún Laoghaire and Giant’s Causeway.
A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.

• Earn up to 6 credits and transcript issued by Maynooth University
  • Day trip to Dublin with Guinness tour and welcome meal
  • Day trips to Giant's Causeway, Glendalough and Dún Laoghaire
  • OPW Heritage Pass included for each student providing free access to many heritage sites around Ireland

AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support

We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.

$500 - $5,000

Julia

AIFS Maynooth, Ireland Summer Program

My four weeks abroad in Maynooth, Ireland was full of craic. Ireland is the most peaceful and serene country I have ever had the pleasure of visiting thanks to AIFS. My trip took place during the summer of 2014, which was the first year of this program. Despite the lack of experience, the staff did an excellent job of accommodating students and making sure that everyone was enjoying themselves. Every week, there were different cultural excursions that allowed students to integrate themselves into this country's way of life. Some of my favorites included hurling and Irish dancing lessons, and taking a trip to a Riverdance show. Every weekend, there were optional excursions to different parts of the country, which was probably my favorite part of the trip because it was an organized way to see so many areas that tourists are not familiar with while also getting to popular tourist attractions.
At first, I was a little nervous to go abroad by myself, but now I could not be happier with the fact that I went outside of my comfort zone because I made lasting friendships with people all over the world. Studying abroad is such a unique experience that the bonds you develop with others is special which makes it last. I still keep in touch with my friends from my trip!

Andrew

Laid back studying in the green hills of Ireland

Very laid back, friendly population that leads to a great experience. The staff and local population make adapting to the Irish lifestyle very easy. The people you meet and experiences abroad will change your life forever in a very positive way.

Better organization on weekend trips