IFSA-Butler: National University of Ireland, Galway

IFSA-Butler: National University of Ireland, Galway

Cead Mile Failte! Nowhere in the world will you find a country richer in tradition and heritage than Ireland. Students participating on the National University of Ireland, Galway program will be living and learning alongside Irish students, as well as visiting historical sites like Giant's Causeway, Dunluce Castle and Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge. Galway is widely regarded as the cultural capital of Ireland with its bustling center of arts and music, so what are you waiting for….apply today!

Europe » Ireland » Galway
Europe » Ireland
Letters of Recommendation

Sarah
Hartford, CT
University of Connecticut

Galway: the best tiny city in the world

IFSA-Butler's program to Galway was an absolute dream. The experience in Galway was beyond stellar: the location and the program were perfect fits for me. I'm not a huge fan of big cities, and Galway was the coziest and happiest place to walk around and feel safe, regardless if it were 11 AM or 3 AM walking back from the bar. The housing was in a small neighborhood that was mixed internationalities, and I made friends with some of the best Irish souls there. Galway itself is gorgeous, and NUIG was a great asset to the experience. While some of the English classes I took were a smite bit overkill, the language program was fantastic- if you're interested in learning Irish, go here!! And finally, the IFSA-Butler program opened a lot of doors to experience Ireland outside of Galway. They planned trips to Northern Ireland (I loved Belfast), adventure parks in Connemara, and especially Dublin for orentiation for when we first arrived. The staff always went above & beyond for support whenever we needed it.

Less scholarly requirements, maybe? I have no other complaints. Keep going to Belfast! It's a great learning experience.

Colleen
Chicago
DePaul University

Galway: An Origin Story

LOOK NO FURTHER. THIS IS THE STUDY ABROAD PROGRAM YOU WANT I'M NOT KIDDING OK!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME. I MET SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS THROUGH THIS PROGRAM AND GALWAY IS THE GREATEST PLACE I'VE EVER BEEN. IF A CITY COULD SPEAK, GALWAY WOULD SAY, "LOOK NO FURTHER, YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE IT HERE AND THE PEOPLE ARE GREAT AND EVERYTHING IS BEAUTIFUL AND NOTHING ELSE MATTERS".

The people of Galway and specifically the students at NUIG know how to have a good time, but I don't even know where to start when it comes to IFSA Butler Ireland. The program advisers, the location, the weekend trips... I remember when I was looking at study abroad programs. I went to DePaul University in Chicago, and when it came to studying abroad, the only thing I knew was that I wanted to go to Ireland. I sifted through so many programs before I decided on IFSA Butler Ireland at the National University of Ireland, Galway.

IFSA had everything I was looking for: campus housing rather than a home-stay, an orientation to help students get comfortable in a new city, and a very committed on-site program staff to help with any kind of concern or question. I met some of my best friends through this program which sounds so dumb, and you might not have the same experience with the people in your program, but I have never felt so at home with people I had just met as I did when I was in Galway. I owe every single moment of joy that I felt on my study abroad trip to IFSA Butler.

I AM A BETTER PERSON BECAUSE I WENT TO GALWAY AND BECAUSE I WENT THROUGH IFSA BUTLER TO DO IT.

10/10 STUDY ABROAD PROGRAM. WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO'S LOOKING FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE, FUN, EXCITING, FLIRTY, COOL, AND ALL AROUND LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE.

Arianna
Troy, NY
Case Western Reserve University

Great craic in Galway!!

I had an amazing adventure in Galway with IFSA Butler. I felt well taken care of and Ireland was a perfect place for me to be. Even though I traveled extensively throughout Ireland, I was always glad to be home in Galway. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the adventures together were always fun. A great choice!!

The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University (IFSA-Butler) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1988. Our primary goal is to provide quality study abroad opportunities, plus academic and personal support services, for qualified North American undergraduates seeking to earn academic credit through study abroad.

IFSA-Butler