Study in the Unique College Town of Dublin, Ireland

Choose your program based on the classes that you need for your major. ASA advisors and the subject finder on our website can help you to determine if you should attend Griffith College located in the city center or the Princeton Reviewed, Maynooth University a short train ride from the city center.

Kristina

Maynooth University with ASA was a once in a lifetime experience

I am so glad that I went abroad to Maynooth, Ireland but I am so glad that I went with ASA. Our site director, provided through ASA, was extremely helpful. She gave amazing advice, knew Ireland so well, and was always there for us if we needed anything. But here are some of the best parts of studying abroad in Maynooth
1. ASA coordinated a pick up day at the airport so we didn't have to worry about getting from Dublin to Maynooth.
2. The housing situation was that almost everyone lived in a single in an apartment ("flat") on campus. Each flat had a little kitchen, dining area, and living space as well as around 6 people in each flat - each having their own bathroom as well.
3. ASA scheduled different excursions around Dublin and Ireland that were great! They helped us absorb the Irish culture and were already paid for in the cost to go!
4. Maynooth University offers an incredibly wide variety of courses each term. I studied some of the most interesting classes in my undergraduate studies while I was in Maynooth.
5. The people in Ireland are so nice and welcoming that anyone from anywhere is bound to feel at home after a week or two. I went to Ireland completely alone so ASA was a great choice because it put me in a group with about 20 other students from all across the US who were also studying in Ireland for that semester.
6. ASA allows so much free time, even with the scheduled excursions. I travelled to many other countries as well but still felt that I explored my home country enough!

Caitlin

Best Four Months of My Life!

Going abroad was hands down the best decision I ever made! I studied abroad in Dublin, Ireland at Griffith College from January 2018-March 2018. The experiences I had throughout those four months are unforgettable and will absolutely last a life time. I'm so thankful for ASA in helping me throughout the whole application process. It was easy and fool proof. The other best part of ASA were the excursions included in our tuition. We were able to not just experience Dublin as a whole, but also other parts of Ireland. We were so lucky to have our amazing on-site director, Olwyn, there to help and guide us through it all. Dublin is the most charming city and Ireland is quite the place to call home for a few months. No language barrier, incredible culture and the friendliest people you will ever meet. Not a day goes by where I don't reflect on my experience and trust me when I say you will absolutely never regret it!

It is working well the way it is in my eyes!
Shaye

dublin has my heart

I could not imagine studying abroad with any program but ASA! The staff in the states (hi Cayleigh) and in Ireland (hi Olwyn) was supportive in every step of the process! The most valuable benefit that was offered through the ASA program was the excursions. Not only was I able to explore the city I called home for a semester, but other beautiful cities in the country. Another valuable benefit of ASA is the variety of living arrangements offered. I lived in a residence hall at Griffith College; the hall community sparked immediate bonding with fellow study abroad students that I have already visited and reunited with in the states. Just from my experience, a few reasons to study in Ireland include the city's charm and craic (Irish for “good fun”) and with no language barrier, the ability to chat with locals!
TIP: the Irish use the phrase "top up" instead of "reload money" when it comes to phone plans and Leap cards (for DublinBus)

About Academic Studies Abroad

Any study abroad program can get you to a country and find you a place to live. It takes a certain kind of study abroad program, however, to provide you with all the tools necessary to ensure that your experience is both memorable and fulfilling....