Ancient Israel: Archaeology & History of the Land of the Bible

Ancient Israel: Archaeology & History of the Land of the Bible

The International Program in Ancient Israel Studies: Archaeology and History of the Land of the Bible by the Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures of Tel Aviv University, in collaboration with TAU International, is a unique program; allowing students from a variety of countries across the globe to study the Archaeology and History of the Land of the Bible – IN the Land of the Bible.

Throughout the duration of the program students are offered a unique window into the country’s perplexing and complex past via theoretical classes, field work experience, and guided tours to some of the most renowned excavation sites in Israel (such as Jerusalem, Ramat Rachael, Megiddo, Hazor, Dan, Beit Shemesh, Azekah, Beer-Sheba, Qumran, Masada, and Caesarea). Students are also offered the opportunity to gain

Head of the International MA program in Archaeology and History of the Land of the Bible, and Head of the Sonia and Marco Nadler Institute of Archaeology: Prof. Oded Lipschits

• A unique apportunity to visit and participate in excavations in locations like Masadah, Jerusalem City of David, Megiddo, Azeka and many others.
Asia » Israel » Tel-Aviv
Exclusions
Meals
Application Fee
The 18,000 USD fees are comprised of:

1. A 15,500 USD fee, payable to the OSP, which includes two tutorial semesters, 8-10 field trips to archaeological sites such as Megiddo, and Ramat Rachel, medical insurance, student union membership, library access and student fees to the university.

2. A 2,500 USD fee, payable to the excavation site, which includes 4 weeks of field excavation, field classes, boarding and travel at either Tel Azekah or Tel Megiddo.
Masada | Jerusalem - City of David | Megiddo | Azeka | Ramat Rahel | Tel Gezer | Tel Lachish

Lisa
Israel
Liberty University

Amazing opportunity and experience

Coming to Israel and studying at one of the top universities in Near Eastern Archaeology has been not only an wonderful experience but an amazing opportunity. I just finished my first year and as the oldest student in the MA program, in no way did I feel awkward sitting in classes with much younger students. The professors and staff are some of the nicest, knowledgeable, and most helpful of any I have encountered in my post secondary education. I came from a computer science undergraduate degree and an MA in Religious Studies; I had no prior experience or education in archaeology, but the program is setup to give you an intensive introduction and then build from it. Although I could have gone to a university in the US, being in Israel and having the opportunity to tour many of the archaeological sites, excavating at Masada and being able to excavate when other openings arise makes this experience even better. Living in Tel Aviv has been great, the people are friendly, the food is wonderful, and being close to the beach is just an added bonus. I would recommend coming to Tel Aviv and being part of the program to anyone seeking to broaden their knowledge and expand their cultural as well as their archaeological experiences.

Rachel
Montreal, QC, Canada
McGill University

Life Changing!

I went to Israel because I loved the Hebrew Bible and wished to pursue further in this academic field. Tel Aviv was amazing and I sincerely believe that words could never capture let alone do justice to my experience. The program was academically stimulating and professors were so open and passionate that it was difficult NOT to be captivated. I write a short review only because I am still processing everything that has happened to me while I have studied at Tel Aviv. I suspect I will be "processing" all my life. Highly recommend this program to anyone looking for something extraordinary.

At times the professors are too busy for the students. But otherwise, no complaints.

Nathaniel
Tel Aviv
Centre College

After First Year

Coming to Tel Aviv University has far exceeded my expectations when I began shopping for a program that would teach good processual archaeological skills. The professors grant quite a bit of individual freedom when it comes to research topics and are more than willing to aid in any questions that I or other students may have about our research endeavors. The program proves that it is globally ranked because our assignments ask us to analyze and write about reports of authors who work in this area and give feedback in our seminar classes. Additionally, the program offers tours to all of the major archaeological sites that we discuss in class and aids in contextualizing the history that we learn about. Not many other programs can offer such a rigorous academic threshold while also providing a fun learning environment when we have trips to sites. Additionally, I am happy to have great academic freedom which means that professors are more than willing to help in my research interests and goals. There are multiple opportunities for excavations outside of the field school component and these opportunities are helping to shape my future career. I am very happy and proud of the program at Tel Aviv.

N/A

Brett
Tel Aviv, Israel
Loyola University Chicago

Fantastic Experience and Amazing People

I came to TAU for my Masters in Archaeology. It is a world renown program, ranked in the top 10 globally, and it shows. You learn from the top professors in the field, and get experience working on actual archaeological digs, even beyond those planned by the program. There is space to grow and find your niche in a fraternal environment. The campus of TAU is great, located in North Tel Aviv in an upscale neighborhood. The graduate dorms are apartment style and single occupancy, and the facilities are great. Although the campus is outside the city center, there are ample public and private transportation options.

Tel Aviv University is Israel's biggest academic institution, comprised of a dynamic and diverse student body. It's faculty contains scholars and scientists that are renowned in their fields. Together, with 9 schools, 106 different departments and 90 research institutes, Tel Aviv University is a major