LeadAbroad: GO Rome

Join us for 5 weeks in the heart of Italy this summer! Spend your summer exploring the Colosseum, tossing coins into the Trevi Fountain, finding the best pizza and pasta and gelato and getting to know new friends from all over the country. On GO Rome, you'll earn 6 credits through Oglethorpe University and enjoy 3 day weekends to explore the city, Italy or anywhere in Europe.

Classes run Monday through Thursday and you can choose from art history, philosophy, business or communications. You will be learning alongside students from all over the US.

We have fun, young staff on the ground with you and we are here to support you every step of the way. Whether you are a globetrotter or this is your first big adventure, GO Rome is an incredible way to spend your summer!

Meredith

LeadAbroad helped me step out of my comfort zone

I didn't know a single person that was going on my trip, but from the minute I was on the ground in Rome I never felt alone. The staff and other students on my program were so welcoming and they were like my family by the end of the trip. Traveling Europe on the weekends was one of my favorite parts. I went to Interlaken, Switzerland one weekend and went canyoning in Chli Schliere. It was the coolest thing I had ever done. Another weekend I was in Prague hot air ballooning. The possibilities are really endless. Another favorite memory I have from my time abroad were the service projects I got to help lead as a community leader. It was so humbling and satisfying to be able to give back to the local community and really see I was making a difference in someone's life by giving them something as simple as a sandwich. LeadAbroad is unlike any other study abroad program. You will have the most amazing experiences, make lifelong friendships, and grow so much as an individual. I can't imagine not going abroad with them when I look back at all I accomplished. I could brag about this program all day, but the point of all of this is to tell you to step out of your comfort zone and go! Don't be afraid if you are alone because you won't be for long. It is easily one of the best decisions I have ever made. You won't regret it.

I just wish it had been longer so I could have had more time with everyone on my trip!
Claire

Best Summer of My Life

Go:Rome was absolutely incredible because I got to meet people from all different schools that I probably would have never met otherwise. Each week we were challenged to dive deeper into not only the culture of Rome but ourselves. I learned more about myself and the capabilities I have as both a leader and a traveller. I got to see some of the greatest pieces of art as well as miraculous views all in one trip. It also pushed me to expand out of my comfort zone with people who were there to support me along the way. There is nothing like this trip because it encompasses travel, education, AND service in which we get to help out the community that we are staying in. It really taught me a lot through lessons and experience that you honestly cannot find anywhere else.

Making the community group meetings mandatory. These community groups separated us into smaller groups within the whole program so that we could meet people that we may not have known before. In these groups we discussed our travels and dove deeper into who we are as an individual. These were probably my favorite parts of the program because I really got to know my community group and what they were experiencing on their weekend travels. Some people decided not to go, but I think it would be beneficial if the people were obligated to go, so everyone can get to know each other.
Kennedy

GoRome helped me gain confidence, and broaden my horizons.

Participating in GoRome was so much more than a study abroad experience. Not only did I have great professors who really cared about my academic success, but the interns, program staff, and other students were so encouraging of one another. LeadAbroad has a unique dynamic that really teaches self-awareness and personal development along with incorporating service projects that allow us to give back to others.

The only thing I would change about this program is that I would make it start earlier in the summer and last longer.

About LeadAbroad

LeadAbroad offers transformative study abroad experiences in Cape Town, Greece, Rome and Barcelona. Our programs focus on making this the best summer of your life - seeing amazing sights, getting to know students from around the country, tasting...