New York Film Academy's Filmmaking & Acting Programs in Florence

Students studying with NYFA Florence filming in front of Il Duomo.
Students studying with NYFA Florence filming in front of Il Duomo.
New York Film Academy Florence Program at Il Duomo.
New York Film Academy Florence Program at Il Duomo.
Three female students filming in NYFA Florence
Three female students filming in NYFA Florence
NYFA students filming in Florence at Plaza Michelangelo.
NYFA students filming in Florence at Plaza Michelangelo.

In Florence—and all of Tuscany—it’s easy to find the perfect, open-air set for shooting a movie and learning the craft of filmmaking. The NYFA Florence facilities are located in the heart of the city and even on the remnants of an amphitheater built 2,000 years ago!

The school is also right by one of the city’s most prominent squares and historical landmarks, Piazza Santa Croce, which is home to the Basilica of Santa Croce that features sixteen beautifully decorated chapels and tombs of many illustrious Italian figures, including Michelangelo, Machiavelli, Galileo, and Enrico Fermi.

Since 2004, NYFA Florence offers Filmmaking & Acting for Film courses, which are taught by award-winning, and internationally recognized instructors and professional filmmakers. Students can choose a semester, 8-week, 6-week, 4-week, 3-week, or 1-week programs.

• State of the Art Equipment
  • Experienced instructors in both the industry and filmmaking education
  • On-Site Studios & Classrooms and Centrally Located Facilities
  • On-Site Director(s)
  • Regional Accredited Transcripts

Nicholas

4-Week Filmmaking in Florence Italy

I attended the 4-Week Filmmaking program in Florence Italy in the summer of 2019, and that date will always be close to my heart because it was one of the best 4 weeks of my life. Filming short films in Italy was a great experience and I learned more in one month than I did in all my previous film courses for the past 2 years in other schools. The instructors really know what they are talking about and they have amazing ways of teaching you the content. I feel my love for cinema has been revived from attending this program. Everyone in it is just passionate about filmmaking and it is just a wonderful enviroment to make new connections and learn more about the art of filmmaking. I highly recommend this program and I hope to do more with the New York Film Academy soon.

At times the program did feel a little unorganised.
Stanislava

One of the best experiences of my life

I already had a lot of experience in TV when I went to Florence but making films was the next step for me. Going to NYFA was one of the best decisions of my life - the educational is very practical and hands on, the tutors are very qualified and helpful, I made friends for life here and I would totally recommend the experience to everyone. I definitely feel more confident in trying to put my ideas on the screen then before and it's all thanks to these amazing people.