• Italy

Accommodation Activities Classes Transportation Travel Insurance Wifi
Jun 02, 2022
Oct 25, 2020
1 traveler is looking at this program

Imagine living in a one of the world’s powerhouse cities, one that Travel + Leisure magazine readers have voted as the “Best City in Europe.” In Florence, you’ll learn about the European Union and culture of this global city’s work environment while admiring art in the “Cradle of the Renaissance,” absorbing the history that trickles through every street in the city and mingling with locals who run some of the world’s most successful businesses.

CAPA’s Global Business Institute is a certificate program in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh’s College of Business Administration. The program examines the impact of globalization on business practices. Through a combination of business courses and an optional internship placement, you’ll gain and strengthen professional skills, learn how to effectively articulate these to grad schools and hiring managers, build a network of contacts abroad, and return home with 12-15 credits and a Certificate of Study in Global Business.

CAPA Scholarships

CAPA Scholarships and Financial Aid

Each year, CAPA awards $1.5 million in study abroad scholarships, grants, and affiliate benefits! With CAPA you can participate in a study abroad and/or global internship program in Barcelona, Dublin, Florence, London, Paris, Prague, and Sydney.

$300 - $1,000

Jessica

An incredible semester in Italy!

The best part about my study abroad experience with CAPA was my internship at the Leonardo da Vinci museum. As an intern at the museum, I got to meet some of the most incredible people! From local employees to tourists from around the world, I had such interesting conversations and learned so much about so many different cultures. My classes at CAPA were also very culturally immersive. My Renaissance Art History Class took field trips every single class to view authentic Renaissance art in museums and churches. I highly recommend the CAPA program and taking advantage of local internship!

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
A "lampredotto" panino! Florence is known for this unique sandwich made with the stomach lining of a cow.
Shonna

Once in a Lifetime Opportunity

CAPA is an amazing study abroad program. Not only is it a wonderful opportunity to explore not only another culture, but you also explore a lot of personal views and personal growth while abroad. My experience was a blessing in disguise, from the cultural immersion, the classes, the people, and all of the friends I made through my university and in Italy were life-changing.
I highly suggest CAPA for this one in a lifetime opportunity. The courses are not your typical college lectures with three hundred plus students, it's very hands-on, very indulging, plus for most classes, you're exploring the city during daytime excursions. Even though the classes I took while abroad does not pertain to my major, I still gained a lot of knowledge and personal growth.
If you're considering this program or any study abroad opportunities, go for it! It's a life-changing experience for anyone who's looking into abroad programs. CAPA is a phenomenal program and I highly suggest studying through them!

It's Perfect!