Join SIS for Fall, Spring or the Academic Year in Siena Italy. The SIS Semester immerses students in Italian Language and Culture in the amazing setting of Siena, Italy.
Students experience a 3-week intensive Italian course at the beginning of each semester then choose from a selection of courses to continue through the semester with our gentle full-immersion method called EUFICCS. No previous experience with Italian language is required, and we happily accommodate the needs of beginners. All students at SIS live with one of our trusted host-families and get to enjoy Italian meals and family life, living truly like a local! Service-learning opportunities an integral part of the program to allow the students to experience the most of Siena, and a number of excursions are included. Some of these include: cooking class, hikes in the countryside, museum visits, day trip to Florence, Weekend trip within Italy, weekend trip to Brussels, Belgium, among others.
- Experience Siena and its surroundings like a local!
- Gain language skills quickly with our unique instructional approach EUFICCS.
- Take part in a number of service-learning activities to engage with the city.
- Travel easily from Siena on weekends or stay and enjoy!
- Complicate your perspective on the world with our unique course offerings, earning up to 19 credits in a semester!