Italian Language and Culture Summer Program in Siena

Siena Italy at sunset
Siena Italy at sunset

For those students that can’t leave their home campus for a semester or full academic year, SIS now offers a series of summer study abroad opportunities that begin from Early May and go through July. These programs not only allow students to study Italian language and culture in a more condensed period of time, they will also explore Tuscany during a remarkable time of year. For those in Siena at the start of July, Siena explodes in preparation for the world-famous bareback horse race held on July 2nd in the city’s central square, the Piazza del Campo.

All programs include airport pick-up, program orientation, a series of activities and excursions, family home-stays and the opportunity to perform community service in a variety of areas.

• Genuine engagement with the host community
  • Small class sizes
  • All inclusive *competitively priced* program fee -- meals included!
  • Rich program of cultural activities
  • Up to 14 credit hours (8 week program)

• Instruction 10
Cori

Great Teachers and Staff

I had an excellent time through this program. I was able to pay like a normal semester for college. There were many opportunities to travel with the program from already pre planned trips included with your program to having time to go all over Europe and Italy. I met so many wonderful people and our teachers were super help and kind. The only down side is that you are surrounded by English speakers which can make it harder to learn the language. I liked my classes and I loved the beautiful city of Siena. My host family was awesome and my roommate and I got along really well with each other and them.

Having more opportunities to interact with Italians at college age.