Japanese Business Course in Fukuoka, Japan with Meiji Academy

Explore Japan after class with Meiji Academy.
Explore Japan after class with Meiji Academy.
Studying Business Japanese with Meiji Academy
Studying Business Japanese with Meiji Academy
After class activity with Meiji Academy study abroad students.
After class activity with Meiji Academy study abroad students.
Motsunabe dinner with our Meiji students.
Motsunabe dinner with our Meiji students.

Japan is the third largest national economy in the world in terms of nominal GDP. Its indirect neighbors Russia, South Korea, Taiwan, and China turn it into a hub for foreign businesses. Whether you want to work in Japan, do an internship or conduct business with Japanese clients, knowing the basic Japanese business etiquette is crucial.

In this course, you will have 20 Japanese classes per week plus 6 classes of Business Japanese. You will practice a lot of real-life business situations, learn to understand the Japanese business mindset and familiarize yourself with Keigo (Japan’s business language). An exciting world of communication, hands-on experiences, and dining etiquette.

After class, you will have time to join various social events and explore the sunny port city of Fukuoka! Fukuoka is the perfect place to study as you will experience the Japanese way of life first-hand alongside your new friends. Meiji Academy and Fukuoka are your gateways into Japan - Adventure awaits!

• Learn business Japanese from teachers who have in-depth knowledge about the Japanese business world
  • Find new friends from all over the world and discover everything Fukuoka has to offer
  • Experience the Japanese way of life, choosing between a Japanese host family, an international share house, or your own apartment
  • Learn Japanese in small classes and take private lessons from dedicated teachers
  • Take part in social events and day trips all over Kyushu, the Southern island of Japan

Alice

Thank you Meiji!

I had the chance to study in Japan for one semester as an exchange student, but it wasn't enough for me. In Belgium, we cannot apply for the working holiday visa, so all I can do for now is to take classes and try to open new gates. I joined Meiji Academy's Business course to improve my Japanese Keigo skills and to learn how to behave in front of Japanese employers! It was a great experience, different from the one I had during my exchange semester. I used to only care for the pop culture, but now I know a bit more about the business culture in Japan. And I still find it fascinating! Fukuoka is a joyful city, with nice parks (Ohori park, you MUST go there!) and Meiji always organizes lots of funny events. It was a pleasure for me to meet new people while practicing my Japanese! I hope I can go to Japan again in the future because I'm never disappointed with my experiences. I guess the next step is to take the JLPT test to be able to find a job there!

Lydia

My summer in Kyushu

For those of you approaching Japanese for the first time (but also for those who wish to improve their skills), it’s very important to find the right school. Meiji Academy is the place to be!
The teachers are well-prepared and patient and the staff is always down to help you out. Usually, classes consist of 1-4 people, which gives everyone the chance to be heard. I took 3 weeks of Business Japanese before doing an internship in Oita. Knowing the basics of Japanese and the culture etiquette has helped me a lot in day to day interactions. I feel like I could build better connections with customers whenever I started off in Japanese. Even a tiny bit like Konnichiwa, introducing yourself
or knowing how to handle business cards leave a lasting impression. I don’t think my time in Japan would have been as smooth without my language classes. Kudos to Meiji and all the lovely people there!

Glen

Good preparation

I did 6 weeks of Japanese Business at the Academy and I truly recommend this place to anyone who wants to improve or learn Japanese and eventually work in Japan. After few weeks, I could already see great improvement in my speaking skills and steadily became more confident in everyday usage. The classes are quite small and the teachers are very patient and kind-hearted. They care about each and every student.

During my study, I stayed with a host family and enjoyed my time there. Although the house wasn’t really close to the school, I still liked everything. I had a lot of privacy and my host was fantastic. I was cool to try home-cooked Japanese food. I also met many interesting people at school that made the whole experience even better.

Michael

Business side of Japan

Studying in a small class gave me the opportunity to connect with my classmates and teachers on a new level. We did not only practice in class, but also went out for lunch and continued talking over some good food. It is very cool to be able to use your newly acquired language skills in a real-life set-up!

The study experience was clear and well structured from beginning to end. I had 20 classes of Japanese and 6 classes of Business Japanese per week. Both were very interesting and helped me a lot to understand the Japanese way of doing business and what to look out for.

Meiji Academy is a good school to study Japanese in a laid-back, close-knit environment.
The Japanese culture is very fascinating and has a lot of hidden rules. Now that I know them, I definitely feel like I have an advantage doing business here as a foreigner. Correspondingly, I can recommend the course to all who wish to know more about Business in Japan.