Spend your summer in Tokyo, Kyoto and Nagasaki as part of the AIFS Japanese Culture: Past, Present and Future program program! You can earn 3 credits through Richmond, The American International University in London. This course is taught in English.
You’ll spend 10 nights in Kyoto, 3 nights in Nagasaki and 7 nights in Tokyo. Live in a double or triple room in tourist class hotels. Daily breakfast is included in Nagasaki and Tokyo, while Kyoto is self-catering.
Cultural and social activities include:
• Tour of Taizo-In Zen Buddhist Temple
• Trip to Nara and the Great Buddha Hall
• Guided tour of Nijo Castle
• Visit to Nagasaki’s Peace Park
• Guided walking tour of Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, Shinjuku and Yoyogi Park
• Visit to the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
• Visit to the Ghibli Museum and Akihabara, Tokyo’s Electric Town
• River cruise from Asakusa to Hamariyku traditional Japanese gardens.
- Spend 3-weeks traveling Japan and earning 3 semester credits.
- Accompanying faculty for the duration of the program.
- No previous Japanese language experience is required.
- High speed train (shinkansen) travel between each location.
- Transportation pass for city transportation.
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.