AMIDEAST Area & Arabic Language Studies in Amman, Jordan

AMIDEAST Area & Arabic Language Studies in Amman, Jordan

On AMIDEAST semester-length terms, students enrolled in our Jordan program carry a 14 to 17 credit hour load. All students enroll in Modern Standard Arabic, Colloquial Jordanian Arabic, and two to three elective courses which are offered from a variety of disciplines and taught in English. If you are particularly interested in using your time abroad to improve your language abilities and have completed the equivalent of our Arabic 102 level, our Media Arabic courses are an excellent means to help you maximize your language acquisition

In addition to academic coursework, our students benefit from an on-site orientation, a truly knowledgeable Jordanian staff, an opportunity to live with a local family or in a shared apartment with other AMIDEAST students, and organized excursions to exciting locations around Jordan.

Asia » Jordan » Amman
Service Learning
Women's Studies
Arabic
Letters of Recommendation
Please see our website for a detailed cost overview.
Amman

Rob
New York

Living and loving life in Jordan

Studying abroad in Jordan was a great experience. It was amazing to be immersed in a culture that felt so different at first, but gradually became familiar. My host family played a huge part in my experience and really made me feel at home. Through my travels, my studies, and the everyday interactions I had with people, I really felt like I got a sense of the country and gained a perspective that would have been impossible to attain anywhere else. I would definitely recommend the program overall.

Nate
Washington, D.C

Fall 2014 with AMIDEAST!

My favortite thing about going abroad with AMIDEAST is that I got to stay with a host family. My host family was different than most when my roommate and I learned who our host family was we were told by the AMIDEAST staff that we were going to eat a lot. We did end up eating a lot everyday because we stayed with a family that was three women all around the age of 80 and our host father, so it was like we were living with three grandmothers and we were spoiled like no other. I loved living with them because I had the opportunity to spend time with my host family which mostly comprised of playing chess with my host mother, and watching soap operas after I finished my homework. These were the moments that I cherish the most when I think about my time abroad. I still sometimes talk to them to see how they are doing and they are one of the main reasons why I recommend my friends to study abroad and for them to live with a host family, if given the opportunity.

AMIDEAST was established in 1951 to build bridges of understanding between Americans and the peoples of the Middle East and North Africa. In 2007, AMIDEAST launched its Education Abroad Programs in the Arab World, beginning with a semester program in Rabat, Morocco. Currently, AMIDEAST operates