- All course work is conducted entirely in Arabic
- Students adhere to the Middlebury College Language Pledge
- Housing with host families
- Internships for full-year students in their second semester
- Co-curricular excursions and activities
The Middlebury School in Jordan offers cultural and linguistic immersion through a rigorous curriculum and adherence to the Middlebury Language Pledge. By promising to speak only Arabic while in Amman, students have the best chance of acquiring fluency and actively engaging in the local environment. All coursework is conducted in the host language, and students take their courses in a variety of subjects, from advanced Arabic classes to electives in Middle Eastern Studies.
The program is based at the University of Jordan, Jordan’s oldest public 4-year institution of higher education, established in 1962. With a strong emphasis on research, and a rich background in liberal arts, the University of Jordan is an excellent host for students of all academic backgrounds.