View Other Details
Located in Amman, Jordan, the Middle East Studies Program (MESP) immerses you in the daily life, language, food, culture, religion, and politics of one of the oldest continuously-inhabited cities in the world. With Jordan as your home base, you'll travel throughout Morocco, Egypt, Palestine, and Israel while exploring intersections of faith and culture.
Grounded in Christian liberal arts, MESP engages the religious culture and politics of the Middle East. You'll examine the Israeli-Palestinian conflict from every perspective. You'll live with a local family during a week-long homestay. You'll sit at the feet of native experts to learn about topics most precious to the region.
Whether you're learning Arabic over a cup of local coffee or sleeping on a sand dune in the Wadi Rum, the heart of MESP is the community you’ll build with your neighbors, host families, and fellow students.
Get ready to experience hospitality beyond borders at MESP.
- Live in Amman, Jordan, one of the oldest continually inhabited cities in the world
- Learn about the complexities of the Israel-Palestine conflict and the pursuit of peace
- Gain a better understanding of the Middle East through courses on Islam, people and cultures of the Middle East, and Arabic language
- Participate in various service opportunities in the communities around Amman
- Visit Israel, Palestine, Morocco, Egypt, and various parts of Jordan, all included in the program cost!