Global Connections, High School Educational Tours

IGENZ is based in New Zealand and is a specialist provider delivering and hosting 10 - 12 day study tours for high school age student groups. The Global Connections series offers study tours to New Zealand, Australia, China and the USA where future leaders will explore the history, culture, environment and political system while sharing observations, reflections and solutions to some of the global issues in a changed world. You may join one of the set start date programs in January, April, late June, August or September.

Our flagship program is a youth leadership summit where students, our next generation of leaders from China, USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand meet to explore a range of topics and learn about each others country, culture, differences, history, and how they can all work together in a respectful and trusting cross-cultural environment.

This event was awarded The Best Youth Project in 2018 by Sister Cities New Zealand.

• authentic cross-cultural experiences
  • global issues of the future
  • cross-cultural leadership
  • understanding leadership and team building
  • adventure, tourism and sightseeing

Irene

2019 China New Zealand Youth Leadership Summit

Attending the summit was one of the best experiences I've had, and it went by way too fast. The people I met, the skills I learnt, and all the fun memories will be kept with me for a long time to come. It wasn't uptight and overly formal, but actually really fun and enjoyable. The speakers were all very different but that provided a vast range of topics that they could speak on and that we could learn from. Overall, it was a really rewarding experience and I'd definitely go again if I had the chance :)

Andrea

An Amazing Experience!

I had such an incredible time at the summit last year, and I will never forget the amazing memories I made and the people I met. This summit has not only helped me realise the importance of the relationship with New Zealand and China is, but also my history here, as a Kiwi-born Chinese and about myself as a person. The guest speakers each had their own points in which I learned a lot from, and I will always cherish this unforgettable experience. I highly recommend the summit to anyone who is looking for opportunities to learn about other cultures and the rest of the world and to meet new people who will always be with you.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-wracking moment was meeting all the other delegates from New Zealand and China. However, they were all extremely nice and I'm so glad that I got to share this amazing experience with them all.
Hayley

Incredible experience!!

The Leadership Summit was one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had. The overall growth I made as a person, the relationships I formed with people in New Zealand and in China and the lessons that I learnt will be with me forever. The knowledge being taught I believe is extremely important and the Summit definitely needs to continue to assist people with building their knowledge on the relationship between China and New Zealand. From this Summit, I am now much more aware on a personal, interpersonal and societal level about the impact of different cultures, religions, attitudes and industries on people around the globe, and the various differences between many cultures. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is wanting to learn more about the world, learn more about how they can help on a larger scale and who wants to make lifelong, incredible friendships.

Lukas

best experiences.

Attending the China 2018 summit and the New Zealand 2019 summit were two of the best things I have experienced. The relationship between China and New Zealand is extremely, extremely important that the Summit is one of the best places to learn that importance. New Zealand has so much to offer China, and China can offer so much more to New Zealand. Understanding the culture is important. The summits are planned so well with the most incredible guest speakers who know what they are talking about. And have a large passion for young people, and the relationships between the two countries.

Fabricio

Brasilia without Borders program

Participated in a custom tailored program for higher education Brazilian students. The whole experience was amazing, with everyday including inspiring talks from successful leaders and experts from various fields, as well as dynamic activities with local students. I left with an accurate picture of how leadership made New Zealand the well-faring country it is.

The organizers made a great work with a tidy plan for each day, at the same time caring if the group suggested some changes and quickly reacting if something went unexpected, like bad weather for an outside day. Besides the talks, big highlights were the Maori Marae experience, sailing day and Waikato's adventure camp.

Ana

A mind-blowing adventure

New Zealand is still pretty exotic for Brazilians and spending a month in the country wasn´t enough to change that impression. A real melting pot of cultures, New Zealand was the perfect country to take a course on global leadership, since they are avant-garde in many of the global trends, like sustainability, economic development and culture preservation. Jan´s organisation skills never failed to impress me, as we didn´t have a single mishap during the whole trip. The course approached all kinds of topics and gave a comprehensive overview of a global leader´s main skills.

The Business English classes could have been a little bit more challenging =)
Jaime

Overall Rating 10/ 10 View detailed rating Participated in a customized program for Global Leadership

The whole experience was amazing. From great lectures to incredible cultural experiences!
Between my favorites are the Maori camp and the trip to Wellington where we spoke with a congressman and visited a great museum.