Experience New Zealand’s friendly atmosphere, diverse cultures, and stunning scenery on this three-week Global Prep adventure. Learn how to be an environmental guardian, kaitiaki in Māori, a unique indigenous culture with a profound sense of respect for the earth.
You’ll have the opportunity to hear talks given by the Wellington City Council, the Department of Conservation, Indigenous experts, and University scholars. You’ll also have the chance to volunteer, attend workshops, and participate in hands-on experiences to grasp the best sustainability practices and ideas that New Zealand has to offer.
Outside of workshops, you will have the chance to explore Wellington’s beautiful scenery as part of educational excursions. And you’ll experience Māori language and culture during a Marae experience. All these activities center around the Festival for the Future, New Zealands’ largest youth forum!
- Explore the rugged south coast of Wellington, with fascinating geology and Māori history!
- Attend the Festival for the Future, which brings students from around the world to exchange and develop ideas that can positively shape the future.
- Live with a host family to deepen your immersion and connection to Kiwi culture. If you’re like most AFSers, you won’t want to leave this second family.
- Make connections and memories you'll never forget with other AFS exchange students from around the world.
- Become a global citizen. Gain intercultural communication skills. Build your college and career resumé.