Auckland University of Technology (SDSU Exchange)

Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is a contemporary university, with a distinctive approach to teaching and learning that is focused on providing student-centered, innovative and responsive learning experiences. Studies at AUT are designed for modern careers and it is an outward-looking university that is developing and adapting to the social and economic realities of which it is part.

Vanessa

Review from a student at SDSU

Overall, my experience in New Zealand has been great! This country has so many beautiful, breathtaking sights, including hikes, beaches, and attractions.
School-wise, I feel like l was a bit challenged. AUT definitely emphasizes group work. Rather than classrooms being set up with rows of seats, the seats are arranged in tables of 5 or 6 to encourage group discussion.
I guess one thing that could have been better was the social aspect. I've read that New Zealanders are some of the most friendly people you'll ever meet, and it holds some truth but I was expecting a bit more.
I was hoping I would have made more kiwi friends, outside of those students that I did group projects with. I spent a lot of time with international students from all over the world, which is great, but I was expecting to have made more friends with people from this country. I was hoping to feel more welcomed and invited by locals. However, I made plenty of friends all around the world and overall had a blast.