View Other Details
The Virtual Study Abroad Program gives students an opportunity to travel and have a study abroad experience in Salzburg, Austria without having to ever leave home – a big benefit this summer with the prospect of the Corona pandemic restricting international travel a while longer.
The academic course work emphasizes the special opportunities provided by the Salzburg setting and offers an introduction to various aspects of Austrian and European culture. Experiential learning beyond the classroom is an important part of the academic program. This includes coordinated, VIRTUAL learning visits to historical sites, cultural institutions, professional organizations, artistic and musical events. Students earn 3 credits per course.
Instruction includes a blend of live, online instruction and use of cutting-edge online teaching platforms to immerse students in learning and connect them to students and professors.
- Virtual study abroad! Study from the comfort of your couch at home. No travel required.
- European Professors who teach engaging, immersive courses in English
- Virtual, interactive, engaging trips and excursions to Austrian landmarks and Salzburg historical sites. Excursions may include: Walking tour of Historic Salzburg, Tour of Hohensalzburg Fortress, Apple Strudel Baking, Tour of Schloss Hellbrunn and more!
- Live, online classes which promote engaging discussion between professors, students and their classmates
- Courses Offered: The European Experience: History, Politics and Culture; German Language Instruction (All Levels); Independent Study (Available in European Studies, Literature, and Music History)