Global Impact Virtual Internship: Summer Session for Teens

In partnership with active non-profit organizations from around the world, Global Leadership Adventures is offering a six-week, part-time virtual internships for teens ages 14-19 this summer. Our student interns will develop essential career and leadership skills while working on initiatives centered around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development worldwide. Thematic focus areas such as Social Justice and Public Health & Medicine are offered. As this internship takes place 100% online, it is designed to be flexible and yet offers a challenging and rewarding experience for those who sign up.

• Choose a thematic focus area that matches your interests
  • Complete a core curriculum with classes focused on leadership and career skill-building
  • Work with your peers as well as international nonprofit partners
  • Learn what it's like to be an intern earlier than most students do!
  • Support United Nations Sustainable Development Goals

Program Highlight!

The ancient Inca Empire is yours to discover while making a difference in the lives of rural families on our Peru: Service in the Sacred Valley™ program.

• Content 10
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 9
Rachael

2020 Global Leadership Adventures Virtual Internship Review

I had the most meaningful experience participating in the Fall 2020 Global Impact Virtual Internship. The extraordinary relationships I formed, the unbelievably rich and personal conversations I endured, and the charitable service work we as a whole completed made me look forward to the three times a week I got to participate (even in a zoom setting). I truly believe being part of the GLA community was a gift that not only helped me grow as a person, but formed lifelong connections with people I would not have met otherwise. I will always cherish the meaningful opportunities and worthwhile conversations that brought me and my peers joy and knowledge during a time of uncertainty and dismay.

What was your funniest moment?
Each week, in every core session, our supervisor would ask us one fun question to “break the ice”. These questions were so funny and lighthearted and allowed me to see my peers’ true colors and share laughs with likeminded, passionate students.