Youth for the SDGs programs average two weeks in length and visit three to five countries and focus on SDGs related to climate and, development.
- Presentations by guest educators from the countries visited as well as Peace Boat staff.
- Special workshops for Youth for the SDGs program participants focusing on media engagement, networking, advocacy, policy, and other key skill sets necessary for their work.
- Each participant gives presentations and workshops to the onboard community about the issues each faces in their respective communities and countries, and their work to address the issues.
- Cultural activities and integration in the larger onboard community.
Expected outcomes for participants is to gain a better understanding of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and deepen understanding of sustainable development and the various stakeholders involved, including government agencies, IGOs and NGO.
- SDG Study Program and “Youth for SDGs” Scholarship