Spend a semester, or year, in cosmopolitan Lima refining your intermediate or advanced Spanish language skills while immersing yourself in Peruvian culture.
Through direct enrollment at the oldest private university in the country, homestays, volunteer opportunities, and a variety of cultural activities and excursions, studying abroad in Lima offers you a unique intercultural experience and fascinating insight into the country and its people.
Study abroad in Peru and you will:
- Prepare for the semester with an intensive two-week Spanish language program
- Choose from a wide range of course offerings at one of Peru’s oldest and most prestigious universities and make friends with local student peers
- Live with a local Peruvian family and be immersed in the country’s language and unique culture
- Travel outside of Lima to Cuzco and Machu Picchu; participate in workshops on Peruvian music, dance, and cuisine; take tours in and outside of the city
View Program Information
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card which provides insurance and other travel benefits
CIEE also offers a wide variety of scholarships for participants; see website for details.