CIEE Summer Peruvian Studies in Cusco, Peru

Summer Peruvian Studies
Summer Peruvian Studies

Discover a kaleidoscope of culture and history in this picturesque region of Peru. At around 11,000 feet, the Andean city of Cusco is located on top of what was once the capital of the Inca Empire. Live with a local host family; practice your Spanish as you prepare and share meals; shop at local markets; and mingle with Cusqueño people, most of whom are bilingual in Spanish and Quechua - the local indigenous language. It’s all part of the mix, or mestizaje, of Andean and Catholic traditions, and old and new — that makes this South American experience so unique.

• OBSERVE the ancient city of Machu Picchu from the top of Huayna Picchu mountain.
  • EXPERIENCE ancient Incan technology and waterworks at the Inca citadel of Ollantaytambo.
  • BREATHE IN NATURE hiking through the breathtaking Sacred Valley.

Win up to $3,000 for 2020 Study Abroad with CIEE!

Put “study abroad” on your 2020 calendar! Enter the Seize the Season Sweepstakes for a chance to be one of eight lucky students who will share up to $24,000 in study abroad scholarships with CIEE. Choose your prize: $1,500 toward any of 80+ summer study abroad programs or $3,000 toward any of 100+ fall study abroad programs. The sweepstakes ends on April 15, 2020. Enter today!

CIEE Scholarships
CIEE Offers More Than $8 Million in Scholarships Every Year!

$500 - $2,500

Mollie

Absolutely loved this program

This has been one of the best things I have ever done. A month is the perfect amount of time to fit in plenty of adventures while still being able to use some other time in the summer. We had enough time to feel almost like locals and know how to get around the city, and were able to even take naps when necessary, but it did not feel like it was too long. Our planned trips were so much fun, and we were able to go on other excursions as we wished. The CIEE staff in Cusco were just amazing, and made this trip as great as it could possibly be. The group was the perfect size to facilitate bonding and to allow everyone to split up into groups when they wanted to. I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to go on an adventure, Cusco is an incredible city and I can't think of a better way to experience the city than the way I have.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
I was surprised that Machu Picchu was not my favorite part of the program. We saw so many cool ruins and saw so many other cool parts of Peru. I was glad that this trip was so much more than Machu Picchu and I am taking so many different memories home with me rather than just one.