CIS Abroad - Summer in Scotland

This program has been paused and is currently not being offered. View more programs from CIS Abroad.

Summer in Scotland is a unique opportunity to spend either four or eight weeks living and immersing yourself in a historic Scottish town, while earning up to twelve U.S. credits in the process. Take a trip through time as you stroll the narrow, cobblestone streets of the town of Stirling. During this summer abroad, you’ll reap the benefits of top-notch academics and distinguished faculty at the respected University of Stirling. Choose courses in Scottish culture, history, politics, religious studies, business, and media and film studies. You’ll gain an in-depth knowledge of this fascinating country through coursework and related field trips. For even more hands-on experience and to boost your résumé, take an internship module.

• Fun, experiential learning and field trips included with your courses
  • Scenic campus with its own castle and loch
  • Quaint, welcoming Scottish town
  • Internship option for real-world experience
  • Diverse courses with passionate professors

CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

This photo was taken in Scotland, and it just shows how happy I was throughout my entire time there
Laura

The time of my life!

I picked Scotland for many reasons, but the main one was because of the beautiful landscapes and culture. Because of CIS and the ISS program at University of Stirling I was able to see Glasgow, St. Andrews and Edinburgh. On my free time I was able to travel outside of the country to Belfast, Northern Ireland and Nice, France with people I met through the international program. I will recommend CISabroad Scotland to anyone whose a first time traveler!

I was only there for a month for the first session, so the only thing I would change is if the sessions were longer than a month.
Allison

Amazing!

I had SO much fun on this trip! I learned so much about myself and for it being my first time traveling out of state by myself not knowing anyone that was going, I thought I did really well! I made so many lasting friendships from all over the world, and plans to meet up within the next couple of months! I felt completely safe and the advisors for the trip Callum & Ron did a great job on making me feel safe and planning fun adventures. The Academics side was a little more challenging because they grade harder in Scotland than the states. The professors were so lovely and I enjoyed what they taught. The rooms we stayed in were so much better than I would’ve ever imagined! I truly had the most magical time ever. I would go back in a heartbeat or do it over again!

Really stress when applying how different the grading is compared to wherever the student is from.
Melanie

Stirling

I was amazing with my program and it was much great than I could’ve hope for. Stirling was a great school and I loved having my own room and bathroom. The classes were challenging but interesting. I made a few great friends and one is returning to the UK for grad school. I can’t wait to go back to visit and CIS gave me the travel bug. Since returning to my home college I have already don’t anther study abroad. I alway encourage my friend to get out and travel.

Maybe try and connect other people going. I was lucky to make fried upon arrival but I went in alone.