CISabroad - Summer in Scotland

Summer in Scotland is a unique opportunity to spend either four or eight weeks living and immersing yourself in a historic Scottish town, while earning up to twelve U.S. credits in the process. Take a trip through time as you stroll the narrow, cobblestone streets of the town of Stirling. During this summer abroad, you’ll reap the benefits of top-notch academics and distinguished faculty at the respected University of Stirling. Choose courses in Scottish culture, history, politics, religious studies, business, and media and film studies. You’ll gain an in-depth knowledge of this fascinating country through coursework and related field trips. For even more hands-on experience and to boost your résumé, take an internship module.

• Fun, experiential learning and field trips included with your courses
  • Scenic campus with its own castle and loch
  • Quaint, welcoming Scottish town
  • Internship option for real-world experience
  • Diverse courses with passionate professors

This photo was taken in Scotland, and it just shows how happy I was throughout my entire time there
Laura

The time of my life!

I picked Scotland for many reasons, but the main one was because of the beautiful landscapes and culture. Because of CIS and the ISS program at University of Stirling I was able to see Glasgow, St. Andrews and Edinburgh. On my free time I was able to travel outside of the country to Belfast, Northern Ireland and Nice, France with people I met through the international program. I will recommend CISabroad Scotland to anyone whose a first time traveler!

I was only there for a month for the first session, so the only thing I would change is if the sessions were longer than a month.
Allison

Amazing!

I had SO much fun on this trip! I learned so much about myself and for it being my first time traveling out of state by myself not knowing anyone that was going, I thought I did really well! I made so many lasting friendships from all over the world, and plans to meet up within the next couple of months! I felt completely safe and the advisors for the trip Callum & Ron did a great job on making me feel safe and planning fun adventures. The Academics side was a little more challenging because they grade harder in Scotland than the states. The professors were so lovely and I enjoyed what they taught. The rooms we stayed in were so much better than I would’ve ever imagined! I truly had the most magical time ever. I would go back in a heartbeat or do it over again!

Really stress when applying how different the grading is compared to wherever the student is from.
Melanie

Stirling

I was amazing with my program and it was much great than I could’ve hope for. Stirling was a great school and I loved having my own room and bathroom. The classes were challenging but interesting. I made a few great friends and one is returning to the UK for grad school. I can’t wait to go back to visit and CIS gave me the travel bug. Since returning to my home college I have already don’t anther study abroad. I alway encourage my friend to get out and travel.

Maybe try and connect other people going. I was lucky to make fried upon arrival but I went in alone.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...