Scotland: Stirling - Undergraduate Courses

A bit of (pixel-y) Stirling at Christmas time!
A bit of the lovely view from Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument to the right!
Part of what Stirling is famous for--it's beautiful graveyard.
beautiful view on campus with the Wallace Monument in the background
exploring Stirling
Dum Yat hill behind campus
USAC Study Abroad program in Scotland
USAC Study Abroad program in Scotland
Study Abroad in Stirling, Scotland
Study Abroad in Stirling, Scotland

An exciting mix of old and new, the city of Stirling has a growing reputation as one of the most attractive places to live in the United Kingdom. An ancient fortress city, Stirling is located in the center of Scotland, between Glasgow and Edinburgh. It has a long and colorful history, and many 16th and 17th century buildings are still used as homes, tourist sites, and restaurants. Stirling is positioned at the point where lowland and highland Scotland meet. This unique location offers easy access to the Highlands— some of the most breathtaking scenery in Europe— and a wealth of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. At the University of Stirling, one of the top-rated academic institutions in Scotland, assessment is continuous throughout the semester, providing you with an early indication of academic performance.

• Join a diverse international student population of more than 90 nationalities
  • Enjoy the shops, amenities, and nightlife available right on campus, as well as a convenient location less than an hour away by frequent train service from the major cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh
  • Participate in numerous opportunities, field trips, and extracurricular activities
  • Study at the University of Stirling, ranked first in Scotland and the UK in a recent survey of international students for its vibrant campus environment.

USAC Scholarships
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid

USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.

$500 - $1,000

Apply for Spring/January Study Abroad by November 1

Choose your experience! Spend at spring or January term taking courses, interning, volunteering, and enhancing your resume with a study abroad in one of 53 program locations across the world.

Hi there, If you want to email your student's program advisor you can ask for a past participant list and reach out to recent students about how much they recommend budgeting for travel and weekend trips. We provide a flight guide to students regarding your second question and it includes the following information: We strongly discourage students from arriving via Ireland. The Republic of Ireland...

Gretchen

A Wee Lass in Scotland

Scotland. The most perfect country! I have never been to a more welcoming and fun place in all my life! The people were friendly wherever you went. The school was not too big, not too small. You're a hop skips from town so you can either walk, bike or bus. Then you have the train station that runs directly through town, so anytime you want to get to the city (Glasgow or Edinburgh) you can. I also went on a trip through the highlands, which was lovely. The sights are phenomenal and the history is fantastic! Stirling is a lovely town with bustling shops and plenty of restaurants to keep you busy during the week. The castle is one of my favorites in Scotland, and the Wallace Monument is worth all 246 steps. Climb Dumyat, the hill right behind campus: It's a great hike for beginners or experts. A Harry Potter fans dream world as well! Scotland holds many prominent filming sites for people to go and enjoy, as well as the Elephant Café, where the first novel was written. Flights out of either airports were plenty as well. I managed to do 9 other countries in my short 5 month stay. Take advantage of being in Europe and TRAVEL!! Whether its by hitting every city in Scotland, or training around Europe- DO IT! There is so much out there to see and learn... open your eyes and live.

USAC and the university groups international students together, since you are going through the same new experience. I would haveliked to have more interaction with other Scotish people, besides the people in my classes. Encourage people to either join a club or try and meet one on one with students so they can have a more integrated opportunity.
Katie

Go to Stirling!

I went to Stirling last fall and it was absolutely the best semester I've ever had. The courses are really well taught and the campus/city/country is beyond beautiful. It was a bit unbelievable to have a lake on campus & a mountain right next door, so lovely! There are paths all around to walk and the city of Stirling itself is awesome as well! It's really easy to get around as the bus system is on point, they really cater to students. Stirling is a perfect mix of country & city, that's a key factor that made me choose it over a bigger city like Edinburgh, plus, you're only a short train ride away from Edinburgh AND Glasgow, so it's a win-win. There is great shopping, coffee, nightlife, and history in Stirling, I would recommend everyone go there! My favorite place downtown was The Burgh, a lovely local cafe with great coffee & a great vibe. Anyway, if you love nature, Stirling's for you, and if you love city, they've got that too. Just go! You won't regret it.

Maybe a little more information about the visa requirements.
Trenna

Time of my life.

Choosing to study abroad in Stirling was and still is one of the best decisions I've ever made. First off the landscape is amazing, and you can't get much better views. The University of Stirling is a beautiful campus with great professors that I learned a lot from. My classes were similar to courses back home when it came to topics, however the way you're taught and expected to analyze things was completely different and a refreshing experience. The university has a large international population, which was great because you're able to meet and become friends with people from all over the world.

The town of Stirling isn't necessarily the biggest of towns, but what it lacks in attractions, it makes up for in charm and character. I always had a great time and found so many wonderful things around the town. In my whole experience I never came across anyone who was unfriendly or rude.

Overall , I had the time of my life and made lasting friendships with people from all over the world who I would have never met if I wouldn't have made the decision to study abroad.