• South Africa
    • Stellenbosch
Term
African Studies Arts Business Communications Cultural Studies Ecology Economics Engineering Film Health Sciences History Humanities International Relations Literature Marketing Philosophy Political Science Public Policy Service Learning Social Sciences Sociology Sustainable Development +12

Program Details

High School Diploma
Dormitory

Pricing

AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Classes Meals Some Meals Travel Insurance Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Round trip flights and airport transfers included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.

Aug 16, 2019
Nov 28, 2018
1 traveler is looking at this program

Spend the summer in the captivating city of Stellenbosch, South Africa with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 6 credits studying at the University of Stellenbosch. Courses are taught in English.
Live in the modern and well-appointed university residence hall at the heart of campus life where you’ll share a double room with another AIFS student. You will receive breakfast daily in your residence hall, as well as welcome and farewell meals hosted by the University.
Cultural and social activities include wine or beer craft tastings, hiking, and visits to Cape Town and Table Mountain, the Cape of Good Hope, and Robben Island.
An optional, 6-day Garden Route excursion is also available to AIFS students.

Program Highlights

• Transcripts issued by Stellenbosch University
  • Visit to Cape Town
  • Optional, unforgettable 6-day Garden Route excursion

Brooklyn

A Summer in Stellenbosch

As a student with a STEM major, I was only able to do a summer study abroad program, and it was not long enough. The AIFS Public Health Program in Stellenbosch, South Africa was applicable to my field of study, as well as during the ideal time of year and within the continent of my choice. This program was truly the perfect option for the opportunity of a lifetime.

During my stay, I was able to live in the dorms with other students from all over the US and the rest of the world, and was even lucky enough to room with a South Africa, who knew all of the local places to go and see, and all of the activities to do. The first of two classes I was able to take were an introduction to the political history of the country, which was taught in the most engaging, and memorable method of instruction I've experienced in my college career. The second, which related to my career, was the public health program, where I was able to learn about the local health care system and health problems that plague the country in a personal and eye-opening manner.

Throughout this time, classes were balanced by experiencing the beautiful country, nearby cities, culture, and tasting all of the amazing food that South Africa had to offer, all with the best company a person could ask for. As a whole, the organization of courses and excursions that AIFS offered for this program made my study abroad the best I could have possibly asked for. It's the best thing I've done for my studies and for myself, and I wish only that it could've lasted longer.