- South Africa
View Other Details
Tuition, room, partial board, international airfare (restrictions apply), grad fee, orientations, professional development, career guidance and service-learning placement and oversight. Emergency medical/evacuation insurance while abroad and most enrichment activities/excursions.
Most meals in Portland, OR., books, personal spending money, transportation and independent travel. Visas and expenses related to obtaining visas or passports, any vaccines required for travel are students responsibility.
COSA (Community Organizing and Social Activism) and IDS (International Development and Service) are IPSL's two International Graduate Programs. Each is designed to meet the international demand for ethical leaders who can effectively engage and facilitate partnerships and empower communities. Students are prepared for careers with nonprofit, government, and community development organizations through an interdisciplinary program that combines rigorous academic training with hands-on skill development through volunteer service in several countries.
COSA and IDS are approximately one calendar year (4 terms). Cohorts begin in September (Fall cohort), January (Winter cohort), April (Spring cohort), or July (Summer cohort). Students who pursue the IDS program take specific courses in development theory. IPSL offers these graduate programs in a hybrid online-on site-or both format. Please contact IPSL for further details.
- Hands-on volunteer service lies at the heart of IPSL's pedagogy. Students in our programs perform 10-15 hours of required volunteer service per week during each of the terms abroad.
- IPSL students work in a variety of settings and students can choose their own agency (or multiple agencies) according to their interests.
- Your compassion, imagination, and hard work will benefit vulnerable populations and organizations in need.
- IPSL graduates pursue prosperous careers that fulfill their most noble values. You, too, will learn to communicate with diverse cultures, resolve conflict diplomatically, and bridge social, racial, and economic gaps with skill.
- The IPSL collaborative graduate programs are unique in the world. As you look to begin your career, your résumé and experience will help you stand out for career-track positions.