- South Africa
- Cape Town
View Other Details
- Accommodation in our beautiful Cape Town Campus
- Program Module Materials
- Assigned Program Mentor
- Airport Pick Up
- Transport to and from Project
Our Program Costs vary according to the durations, please enquire for more details. This price is for 4 weeks.
Destination Guide for Local Hot Spots
This particular marine science course specializes in training courses for individuals who want to learn more about the marine environment, conservation and research through hands-on field experience and community engagement. This blended course includes training in multiple data collection and field techniques, and scientifically contributes to our long term research goals.
The unique ecosystem surrounding Cape Town and its role in creating an amazing biodiversity hot-spot is a perfect place to gain a wide overview of marine experience.
- Marine Field Course Modules with a Marine Science Specialist as your Mentor.
- Career and networking workshops with Marine Biologists, experience alongside local specialists on a range of scientific research projects.
- Sailing Introductions in and around the Cape and Marine Litter Research on our local collaborators Research Vessel.
- Workshops, training and experience in local terrestrial human-wildlife conflict which affect the Cape Peninsula.
- Contribution to 100 Plastic River’s research project in collaboration with the University of Birmingham.