- South Africa
View Other Details
Meals (cereal, lunch and dinner)
Tea/coffee and juice (freely available)
FGASA assessment and moderation fees
Game drives and bush walks
Dangerous game experience
Ethical guiding principles
Access to qualified trainers and assessors
Laundry (conditions apply)
Free limited internet access
CATHSSETA Nature Site Guide qualification (NQF 2)
FGASA Apprentice Field Guide certificate (when combined with passing your theory exam)
Bushwise participation certificate
See price details for all that's included.
Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages
Transfers to and from the Bushwise campus
Bushwise/FGASA online course
FGASA apprentice theory exam
FGASA manuals, workbooks and study material
Become an African safari guide in 60 days! Spend two months living in the African bush, viewing wildlife (including the Big Five and endangered species) in their natural habitat, and gaining the skills to become a safari guide. Add a unique qualification to your resume while making lifelong friendships and memories.
Wake up every morning to the sounds of the wild – from lions roaring in the distance, to the morning chorus of hundreds of birds. For 60 days, you’ll train under expert instructors, learn to drive 4x4 game drive vehicles, lead a guided experience, identify different species, interpret animal behavior, and so much more.
No matter where you’re from, if you love wildlife and want a career in conservation, this course is for you. For our international students, you can attend this course on a visitor’s visa - no special study or work visa required for under 90 days.
Earn valuable safari guide qualifications and graduate ready to enter this competitive industry.
- Train in a Big 5 game reserve close to South Africa’s famous Kruger National Park and live with like-minded people in a fenced camp in the wilderness.
- Observe animal behavior and interactions in the wild and learn how to host a guided experience.
- Experience a beautiful part of South Africa and be assured of your safety while on this course.
- Course dates starting throughout the year.
- No special study/volunteer visa is required to attend this course (a visitor’s visa is acquired on arrival for most countries).